Easy Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken makes for a delicious dinner recipe that is best paired with Mediterranean Saffron Rice or Pilaf.
This has a spicy, smokey, and bold flavor. I have made it with a homemade Harissa Paste. This Harissa Chicken recipe is especially easy because this is cooked in the sheet pan along with Potatoes, Chickpeas, and Onions and served over a humble bowl of Saffron Rice. Talking about Sheet Pan, Have you tried - Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas?
What You'll Need to Make Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken?
- Boneless Chicken Breasts: You can also use Chicken Thighs. I love my Breast pieces long and fat, so I didn't cut them. If you prefer small chunks of Chicken Breast, you can surely use so.
- Canned Chickpeas: If you don't want to use canned Chickpeas, just soak some Chickpeas in water overnight and then use it the next day.
- Potatoes: I have used Yukon Gold Potatoes here. You can use any variety of Potato that is available.
- Onions: I have used Red Onions. Feel free to substitute this with Yellow or White Onions.
- Harissa Paste: I made Harissa Paste at home and it helps me make so many recipes. You should definitely try to make it at home.
- Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest: Bring up the freshness with some fresh lemon juice and some lemon zest.
- Honey: Since there are too many spices, you'll definitely need some honey to balance it out. Or else you'll just taste the spices.
- Olive Oil: Olive Oil is needed to drizzle on the sheet pan with Veggies and Chicken.
- Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Black Pepper: These are the Spices that go into making Harissa Chicken.
- Yogurt Mixture: Making the Yogurt mixture is totally optional but, if you make it you are gonna love it. Just combine Greek Yogurt with Salt, Pepper, and Grated Garlic. Stir well and it is done.
How to Make Harissa Chicken in Sheet Pan?
- Season Chicken with Harissa Paste: Take a sheet pan and place Chicken Breasts, Potatoes, Chickpeas, and Onions. Season it with Harissa Paste, Olive Oil, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, and Honey.
- Season Chicken with Spices: Season Chicken, Chickpeas, Potatoes, and Onions with Spices - Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Black pepper.
- Roast in Oven and Flip over: Roast in the oven at 425°F for 20-minutes. Flip over and season the other side as well with salt, pepper, and Smoked paprika. Roast for another 20-minutes at 425F.
- Serve with some rice: Serve Harissa Chicken with rice and enjoy.
Why You Should Make Harissa Chicken?
- Sheet Pan Dinner: We all love recipes where there is not much going on right? Well, this recipe is just that. All we have to do is place our ingredients in a sheet pan and roast it in our oven. So basically, we let our oven do all the hard work while we relax and wait for the chicken to come out and surprise us.
- The Taste: After all, everything boils down to taste. Isn't it? And, I can guarantee you that you are gonna love the taste of Harissa Chicken. Smokey, Spicy, Fresh flavors paired with crisp potatoes and chicken is a fabulously delicious combination.
- Easy Chicken breast recipe: If you are looking for a recipe to use your Chicken breast, then go ahead and try Harissa chicken. If you don't have time you can use store-bought Harissa seasoning. But, please make this recipe. You will love it more than Creamy Spinach Stuffed Chicken or Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Other recipes to try:
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs in Air Fryer
- Sesame Chicken (Like a Chinese Restaurant)
- Coca Cola Chicken Recipe
- Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Cheesy Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
- Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
- Oven-Fried Crispy Honey Lemon Popcorn Chicken
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating for the recipe below. Also, check out my video on YouTube for the recipe below. Please Subscribe to my channel if you are new. Please take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Easy Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken Recipe
- 1½ Pound Boneless Chicken breasts 600grams
- 2 Large Potatoes I used Yukon Gold (cut into large chunks)
- ½ Pound Canned Chickpeas 200grams
- 1 Medium-sized Onion sliced
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil more for drizzle
- 2-3 Tablespoon Harissa Paste see the description box for the recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon zest
- 3 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt and Few Turns of Freshly Cracked Black pepper Adjust as per taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cloves Grated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Place Chicken in sheet pan & Preheat oven: Preheat Oven to 425°F or 230°C. Grease a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray (if desired). Take a sheet pan and place Chicken, Chickpeas, Potatoes, and Onions.
- Add Seasoning and Spices: Add Harissa Paste, Olive Oil, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Honey, Salt, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, and Smoked Paprika onto the chicken, potatoes, and chickpeas. Mix well until completely coated.Roast in a preheated oven at 425°F or 230°C for 20-minutes.
- Flip over: After 20-minutes, take it out of the oven. And do not turn off the oven. Preheat your oven to 425°F if you've turned it off. Or let it remain preheated at 425°F.Flip over chicken, Potatoes, Onions, and Chickpeas. Season the other side of chicken with Salt, Freshly Cracked Black pepper, and Smoked paprika. Roast once again at 425°F for additional 20-minutes.
- In the Meantime, Make Yogurt Mixture: In a small bowl combine Yogurt, Salt, Pepper, and grated Garlic. Stir well to combine. Keep aside.
- Garnish and Serve: Once the chicken is done, pour the yogurt mixture on the chicken and serve right away. Serve with plain white rice or Mediterranean basmati pilaf.
Ask Me Anything