Easy and so spooky these super cool Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs makes for a great addition to the list of spooky Halloween recipes for your Halloween party. They are so easy to make and every kid will love these Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs for sure.
For that extra spooky effect I serve this with my "spiderweb" sauce. Its nothing but ketchup topped with some mustard sauce and drawn into a spiderweb to give it a spooky effect.
Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
These really easy and cute Mummy Hot Dogs takes only 5 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to bake in the oven. They make for a perfect lunch box recipe for kids as well because all October lunches should be spooky.
These fun and cute Mummy Hot Dogs are a fun spin on Pigs in a blanket which turns your regular Hot Dogs into really spooky Mummy Hot Dogs which gets every trick or treaters so excited and spooked away.
I love to serve this as a perfect Halloween Appetizer recipe because its so easy and makes for a large batch which feeds the crowd easily or serve them as a perfect dinner which everyone will love to indulge in.
- Hot Dogs: You can use any of your favoruite Hot Dogs or Chicken Sausages
- Crescent Roll Dough: I use Pillsbury Crescent Roll pastry dough.
- Candy Eyes: for Topping
- Honey: to drizzle on top of the cooked mummy dogs so that the candy eyes stick to it
For Spiderweb Dip
- Mustard Sauce
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Halloween Mummy Dogs recipe
Open and unroll your Crescent roll dough to make it into a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut it into thin 1/4" thickness.
Wrap the dough strips around each hot dogs to create the "bandage effect" over these hot dog mummies.
Brush eggwash over them.
Bake @400F or 200C for 20 min.
Drizzle honey on top and stick the edible candy eyes over the Mummy Dogs. Serve with Ketchup Mustard Spiderweb Sauce
If you're using a perforated dough then remember to press the perforations to seal them together
Hint: If you do not have any Candy eyes you can simply use Ketchup or Mustard Sauce to make two dots which will resemble the Mummy eyes
Can I make these Mummy Dogs ahead of time?
Yes absolutely. You can wrap the dough pieces over your Hot Dogs and store it in the refrigerator. Just bake it before you're about to serve.
Looking for other Halloween recipes like this? Try these:
Halloween Mummy Dogs
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 1 pack Crescent Roll Dough
- 12 Candy Eyes
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Mustard Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200C
- Unroll the Crescent Roll dough and shape it into a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut this dough into thin 1/4" thickness
- Wrap the dough over the Hot Dogs to resemble "bandages over Mummies". Brush eggwash over them.
- Bake @400F or 200C for 20 min. Drizzle some honey on top of them and stick the candy eyes
- Add the mustard sauce over the ketchup in a spiral design and use a knife to draw the spiderweb design. Serve