A quick and Easy Shrimp Dinner recipe. Greek Shrimp is zesty and flavorful. Shrimp cooked with tomatoes and herbs and topped with crumbled Greek feta, honey, and Parsley. This is one of the best Shrimp recipes and is best served with some Orzo.
Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese is one of my favorite Shrimp recipes. Trust me, it's so so so delicious and flavorful. Every spoonful of this zesty and delicious Greek Shrimp tastes heavenly.
The best part about this Greek Shrimp recipe is of course that it's one pot, simple, quick, and easy 30-minute recipe. Also, this uses basic pantry staple ingredients, and still what you end up cooking is so extraordinary and delicious.
If you haven't already tried Greek Shrimp then you should! Tonight! It's just the best Shrimp Recipe I have ever tasted.
How does Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese taste?
Tangy, Zesty, Sweet, Herby, and Lemony. And of course, there is that awesome taste of Shrimp which is so good. The tomato sauce in which Shrimps are cooked is flavored with dried oregano, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and honey.
A Healthy Mediterranean Dinner Recipe
This Greek Shrimp is one of the best and most delicious Mediterranean Recipes I have ever tasted. Loads of tomatoes along with red onions and garlic tastes so damn good. Then you have the tangy taste of Feta and the freshness of Mint leaves which leaves you speechless with every bite!
We just love this with our Garlic Parmesan Orzo. You can also serve this with a really crusty Bread to dunk into all that sauce and enjoy. Or for Low Carb options, serve with some Cauliflower rice or Cilantro Lime Quinoa. Especially our Cauliflower Rice Risotto tastes great with this.
Have you tried:
How to Make Greek shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
Below is a brief description of the Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta recipe. You can watch the video for a quick visual. Get the detailed printable recipe card below!
Step 1: Saute Onions and Garlic
In a skillet heat some oil. As soon as the oil shimmers add onions and garlic. Saute until translucent.
Step 2: Add Tomatoes and Herbs
- Pour in the Diced Tomatoes, squeeze Lemon Juice, and season the sauce with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper. Add Dried Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes, and just a pinch of Ground Cumin. Toss to combine and simmer this for 5-10 minutes.
- If it gets dry, then pour some water and allow it to simmer until the sauce thickens.
Step 3: Add the Shrimp
- Now, throw in the Shrimp
- Toss to combine
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes
Step 4: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with Crumbled Greek Feta Cheese and chopped Mint Leaves
- Drizzle some honey and lemon juice on top
- Serve hot with Orzo.
What to serve Greek Shrimp with?
We love to serve this with some Garlic Parmesan Orzo. However, you can serve this with rice or a really crusty Bread as well.
Tips to make the best Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
- Do not overcook the Shrimp. Overcooking the Shrimp will make them rubbery. Just cook until they are no longer pink.
- Cook on medium-low heat. The trick to making the recipe taste really good is slow cooking. Slow cooking over medium heat will cook the tomatoes and shrimp to perfection making them taste really good.
How to Make Baked Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
You can bake this Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese.
For that, you need to use an oven-proof skillet and after you've added the Shrimp, add the crumbled Feta Cheese on top.
If you are not using an ovenproof skillet, then cook the Tomatoes and Shrimp previously and then transfer them to a baking dish. Top with Crumbled Greek Feta Cheese
Place this in a Preheated oven @400F in the middle rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until there are light golden brown spots over the feta.
Garnish with chopped Mint leaves. Drizzle honey on top and serve.
Other Possible Alterations and Substitutions
- You can replace Red onion with yellow Onion
- You can bake this
- Ground Cumin is just used for the depth of flavors. You can skip it.
- Mint leaves can be replaced with chopped Parsley or Cilantro.
How to store this Greek Shrimp?
You can make this Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese and transfer it to an air-tight dish. Preferably glass dish. You can refrigerate this for 2-3 days.
Just serve it at room temperature. You do not have to reheat it until heated through. If you have to heat this, just heat it until warm.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
- 1½ lb Large Shrimp thawed, deveined and Peeled
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Red Onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 736gram
- ½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1½ Teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Honey can replace with maple (OPTIONAL)
- 2-3 oz Greek Feta Cheese crumbled
- Fresh mint finely chopped
- In a skillet heat extra virgin olive oil. As the oil shimmers add chopped onions and minced garlic. cook briefly.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, squeeze lemon juice, and season with Kosher salt and black pepper. Add dried oregano, red pepper flakes and pinch of ground cumin. Simmer over low heat for 15-minutes
- Add shrimps and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are no longer pink (stir in intervals).
- Garnish with Honey, crumbled Greek Feta Cheese and Chopped Mint leaves. Serve with Orzo or any crusty bread.
- Do not overcook the shrimps. Overcooking them will turn them rubbery.
- You can Bake it. For that cook this in an oven-proof skillet. Follow the recipe exactly until step 2. Add shrimps. Toss lightly. Add crumbled feta cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 400F in the middle rack for 15-minutes. After that, turn to broil mode and broil on high for 1-2 minutes or until the feta turns golden brown.