Fried Egg Sandwich with Cheese is the perfect busy morning breakfast that you can make in just 10-minutes.
It's just grilling your bread slices in butter and then topping it off with lots of Mozzarella cheese and Processed cheese. Then add a layer of fried eggs and then wrap it up with some more grated cheese.
Fried Egg Sandwich with Cheese
This is one of my go-to breakfast recipes. I think we all love sandwiches. It is like that ultimate meal which is easy to carry and easy to make. Whether we want to make something for our children or we want to make something for our husband or for ourselves, there is nothing better than sandwiches.
Moreover, these are crispy fried egg sandwiches. You can imagine the amount of protein that you'll get with just one sandwich.
What Kind of Cheese Have I used?
I have used some grated Mozzarella Cheese and some boar's head American Processed cheese. I really like boar's head cheese since they have that authentic cheesy taste which I want in my sandwiches. You can use any variety of processed cheese you want.
How to Make these Fried Eggs Sandwiches?
To Make these sandwiches you'll definitely need Eggs. You have a choice on the type of bread and the type of cheese you are going to use. You also need some butter. You can use either salted or unsalted butter, it's completely up to you. You can also replace it with some vegetable oil or olive oil if you want. I have used multi-grain bread. You can use whole wheat, sourdough or rye or etc.
The First step is grilling the bread over some butter at medium to high heat for at least 1.5 to 2 minutes. I don't like my sandwiches extra brown. It gets too hard and I really prefer a middle ground between that extra crispiness and that light brown grilled texture. So, while I am grilling my sandwiches, I put the flame on high and grill them vigilantly for at least 1-2 minutes. I keep checking the bread for the kind of texture that I want. However, I have seen that if you flip too many times it will take longer. So better, be patient and let them grill for at least 2 minutes.
Now add as much shredded mozzarella cheese and processed cheese you want. It is completely up to you. If you want an extra cheesy Fried egg sandwich then you can use more processed cheese. However, I like just enough amount of cheese. Because too much of an ingredient makes it the hero of the dish. And, in my sandwiches, especially this fried egg sandwich, I wanted my eggs and the entire sandwich to be the hero. Hence, I have tried to maintain a balance of cheese.
Next, add your fried eggs. I had fried my eggs individually on another pan. I had whisked with a hand-blender because I know that If I whisk well my eggs will increase its volume. For seasoning, I have used just salt and pepper. You can modify it the way you want. I have just added some chopped red onions. You can also add cilantro or parsley for that extra freshness. Some even add tomatoes along with paprika for a much spicer and thicker eggs.
Lastly, I have topped some more shredded cheese so that this cheese mixes with my fried eggs and I get a cheesier sandwich. So, that's how I made my Fried Egg Sandwich with Cheese.
Fried Egg Sandwich with Cheese
- 2 Whole Egg
- 4 Pieces Multi-Grain Bread
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 Cup Grated Processed Cheese (Boar's Head American Cheese)
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Piece Red Onions
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Fry two eggs individually after seasoning it with black pepper powder and salt. Cut each of them in half and by now you should have four equal parts of fried eggs.
- Take unsalted butter in a non-stick grill pan placed over medium heat nd spread it even when it has melted. Place four slices of bread on high flame and toss it over when you see smoke coming out from the sides of the bread or the other side has a golden lining. Don't make it too brown. It should be light golden brown. Repeat the same with the other side of the bread.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and processed cheese over the two slices of bread. Leave the rest two slices as it is.
- Place your fried egg individually (one half on each slice). And sprinkle some more processed cheese only above two slices.
- Now place the other slice of bread over the slice which has cheese. Do the same for both the bread slices. Toss it over and press them slightly with a wooden spatula.
- Cut out your joined bread slices diagonally. You should be having four triangles or four sandwiches.