Eggless Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies - A classic, a combo of cherry and chocolate with cream cheese swirl that tastes incredibly YUM.
Cherry and Chocolate is a fabulous combination in itself. And, when you add some cream cheese on it, you make it taste heavenly. Isn't it? Well, today I am gonna tell you how to make a Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownie. Also, Have you tried my Homemade Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream recipe? It’s a must-make recipe for hot and sultry summer months.
This recipe is a product of my figment of the imagination. Yesterday while scrolling through my Facebook feed I found a brownie recipe and I had told myself that I am definitely gonna make brownie tomorrow. Next morning, I wake up and I am all prepared to make a brownie. You know, I am the sort of person who loves everything in lots. So, I opened my refrigerator and pulled out my tin of cherries, a big tub of chocolate chips, a block of cream cheese, dark chocolate, and a big block of butter. You see, I was just grabbing my favorite ingredients. And, I was about to make one of my favorite recipes – Brownies.
Honestly, this is the easiest Eggless Chocolate Brownie recipe that you will ever come across in your life. I have deliberately kept the recipe simple so that all of us can make it whenever we want. If you haven’t got cream cheese. No issue, you can make the swirl with Peanut Butter. In fact, I just realized, peanut butter swirl cherry chocolate brownies is an excellent recipe in itself. I am definitely gonna try that some time.
Why Do You need to swirl?
Well, I prefer swirl brownies because it makes my brownies visually appealing. And, there is one more reason. Every time I make swirl anything – Such as this Mint Chocolate Swirl Brownies or this Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake, my dad is like so happy. And, even I like the marbled effect on top. Moreover, a little cheesecake on a dark chocolate brownie looks really adorable and of course, makes it taste delicious.
In today’s Brownies, I have decided to skip eggs. You see, my family is not a big fan of eggs. And, I know you are thinking - eggless brownie, how can that be possible? They might not taste good. But, believe me, it tastes just the same. No difference at all whatsoever.
What is My Replacement for Eggs?
As I said, I try to keep things simple. So, I replace my eggs with ¼ cup of plain yogurt. I make sure that the yogurt that I am using is thick. You don’t necessarily have to use Greek Yogurt, any plain yogurt would be fine.
Since we are making brownies, we don’t want it to rise. We want them fudgy. So, I don’t add a lot of baking powder. I just use ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
Why the combination of cherry and chocolate? How does it taste?
Well, it's totally a choice. I love the combination of cherry and chocolate. Sweet and colorful cherries when paired with dark chocolate feels incredible YUM. Moreover, adding a cup of the chocolate chip makes sure that you get a chocolaty bite whenever you are having this. Also, the cream cheese swirl on the top adds a layer of creaminess to these eggless brownies.
Why Should You Never Overbeat your Batter?
I wanted to talk to you guys about this. What happens is that when we overbeat butter and sugar we incorporate too much air in our brownie batter. As a result, when we flour to it, the flour stabilizes the air. But, what happens is when you put it to bake, the brownie will rise in the beginning, and then as it cools down, it will cave in from the center. So NEVER overbeat your batter. I don't even use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for brownies. Just a balloon whisk or a spatula is enough.
Tips to Make a Perfect Eggless Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Always use melted butter that has been cooled to room temperature. There is not much creaming involved in this recipe. So, it's ok if you don’t use softened butter. But, try not to use cold butter because it will be really hard for you to combine everything together. Especially when you are mixing butter with sugar, vanilla, and yogurt.
- I prefer to use light brown sugar instead of white sugar. It's totally optional. You can either use both or you can just use plain white sugar. But, I use brown sugar because I get that natural caramelized flavor. So, it's not anything that you have to do, it's more of a choice.
- Try to use as little baking agents as possible. I prefer using just ¼ teaspoon of baking soda. Generally, I use ½ teaspoon of Baking Powder and ½ teaspoon of Baking soda. But, since, I don’t want my brownies to taste cakey, I have just used ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Always remember that if you want to make your brownie fudgy you got to reduce the amount of baking agent you add. And, increase the amount of fat. In this case, fat is butter.
- Some prefer adding a teaspoon of canola oil or vegetable oil along with this. I thought I didn’t need it. But, if you want, you can always add it.
How do I make the Swirl?
Making swirl is very easy. Just take one spoon of cheesecake filling and drop it on your brownie. Make three rows of this filling keeping a little gap in between each drop.
In the gaps, add one spoon of the remaining brownie batter that you had kept aside.
Now use a toothpick or a skewer or the back of your spoon to draw three horizontal lines on the drops and then repeat the same with vertical lines. You will get a cute marbled texture on top.
When Do I know that My Eggless Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are done?
You will know that your brownies are done when you insert a toothpick or a skewer and you see few moist crumbs. If it comes out clean then it's over baked. If it comes out wet then it is not done. My brownies took 31 minutes at 350F OR 180C. You gotta keep checking at 27 to 30-minute mark and then adjust the time accordingly.
More Brownie recipes you'll love
Eggless Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- ¼ Cup Butter I have used salted butter
- ½ Cup Melted Dark Chocolate
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt Only if you are using Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup Plain Yogurt use the thick part
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Cherry
- ¼ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese 250gm
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl mix melted butter and melted dark chocolate mix well. Into that add brown sugar, thick Yogurt, and pure vanilla extract. Mix well. Do not over mix.
- In the same bowl sieve All-Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder, and Baking Soda. Mix them with a balloon whisk and sieve it into your bowl containing the wet ingredients. Fold in the wet ingredients with dry ingredients until well combined with a spatula.
- Add pitted cherries and mix until combines. Do not over mix.
- In another clean and dry medium-sized bowl take cream cheese, granulated sugar. Mix with an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment at medium to high speed for 3 minutes. Next, add 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat for an additional 1 minute.
- In a 9x9 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper pour the chocolate cherry brownie batter. Save some to swirl later.Sprinkle Chocolate chips and cherries on it. Even it out using offset spatula. Add a spoonful of the cheesecake batter in even rows on the brownie mix and a spoonful of the leftover brownie batter in between each cheesecake drop. Use the top of a knife or a skewer or a toothpick and drag it back and forth to create the swirl. If you do it too much then the marbelized look will become blurred.
- Bake at 350F or 180C for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the brownie. If it comes out wet then its not baked. If its comes out with few moist crumbs then its perfectly done. And, if it comes out dry then its over done. Allow it too cool over a cooling rack. Then cut into square brownie pieces using a plastic knife. Enjoy with Cherry Chocolate ice cream.