Easy Homemade Cheese Bomb - small bite-sized appetizers filled with Ooey Gooey Mozzarella Cheese and baked until golden brown on the top. Finally, brushed with melted butter, Italian seasoning, and pepper to get that buttery, flavorful taste. Its one of my most loved Appetizer Recipes.
Easy Homemade Cheese Bombs from scratch
Got guests coming in just 15-minutes?
Gotta make something real quick?
Well, try your hands on these homemade Cheese bombs.
They are everything that you would want to fall in love with.
The mozzarella cheese creates a beautiful inside which melts in your mouth the moment you take its first bite.
What's even more awesome about these cheese bomb bread is that you don't knead yeast to make this. So, everything is a matter of minutes.
If you got pre-made biscuit dough at home, then that's just perfect.
However, I made the biscuit dough at home.
Imagine the look on your guest's faces when they taste these awesome cheesy bombs. There are gonna be so happy. Aren't they?
You could serve this for the game night or for New Year's Eve Party or just a boring Saturday night... After all, who doesn't want to take a break when you got something so appetizing waiting for you in the oven. right?
Here is a video tutorial to help you out
How to Make Cheese Bombs?
First, gather your Ingredients:
- Refrigerated biscuit dough or (Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Melted Butter)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
Since I am making this from scratch so I will teach you how I made biscuit dough at home.
First, take some flour in a bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and some melted butter.
Knead it lightly until you get a soft dough.
And, that's your biscuit dough. You don't need any yeast for this step.
Now cut out a small portion of your dough and roll it into small disc-shaped biscuits using your hands or a rolling pin.
Cut out a large chunk of Mozzarella Cheese (about 1/2 inch) and place it in the center of the disc.
Pinch the seam with cheese in it.
Bake them at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until the top turns slightly golden brown.
Once they are out of the oven, brush them with a mixture of melted butter, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Sprinkle some freshly chopped Parsley if you want and enjoy them while they are warm.
Break into the cheesiest appetizer that you've ever seen.
The crispy, buttery top with Ooey Gooey Mozzarella Cheese on the inside will make you feel like you are having something incredibly awesome.
These cheese babies need nothing to accompany them. I can tell you that when you make this, people aren't gonna leave a single bite on the plate.
What other kinds of Cheese Can I Use?
You can always go for our favorite Cheddar Cheese. It has a sharp taste which would always make the cheese bombs much tastier.
But, I like Mozzarella for this cheesy string that it creates when you pull it apart.
Other Variations of this Recipe
- Ranch Seasoning - Ranch Seasoning is a secret ingredient that can turn a boring recipe into something fantastic. You could add some ranch seasoning while melting butter and brushing it on your rolls.
- Garlic Powder - This is an ingredient that would make your cheese balls taste lip-smackingly awesome. The sharp taste of garlic when combined with butter would create such an awesome combination that you just can't afford to miss it.
- Parsley - A Little touch of fresh parsley would not just make them look cute but would also make them taste fresh and restaurant-like.
More Bite Sized Appetizers Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Bites
- Shrimp Cucumber Avocado Bites
- Sausage and Cheese Balls
- Cranberry Feta Pinwheels
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Crispy Popcorn Shrimp
Easy Homemade Cheese Bombs from Scratch
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon ice cold water or as per need
- 5 Oz Mozzarella Cheese cut into 1 inch cubes
Brushing on top
- 5 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Freshly chopped Parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a soft dough. In case the dough is too wet, add some flour. If it's too dry add some water. Cut out the dough into 16 parts and lay them on a plate.
- Roll the cut out dough into a ball. Press the center, and make a dent in the center. Stuff it with a small cube of Mozzarella Cheese. Seal the dough by pinching on the top. Place them on the baking sheet keeping the seam side down. Repeat this with all the balls.
- Mix melted butter, Italian Seasoning and Pepper. I have skipped salt because I have used salted butter. In case you are using unsalted butter, you can add some salt as per your taste. Brush this mixture evenly over the Cheese Bombs.
- Bake the cheese bombs for 12-15 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. Keep an eye on your cheese bombs as you don't want them to get over baked or under baked.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy with some marinara sauce.