Thick and Fluffy Gingerbread Pancakes with molasses drizzled on top makes for the best and most comforting Christmas breakfast and brunch recipe!
Gingerbread Pancakes spiced with warm ground spices like Ground Ginger (obviously), Cinnamon, Cloves & Nutmeg makes for the most festive Christmas Breakfast and Brunch recipe.
Its only a month until Christmas and I just LOVE this time of the year. The lights, the decorations and of course, those amazing Christmas desserts which are just super cute and adorable!
Comforting Gingerbread Pancakes
These gingerbread pancakes feels like a warm and cozy hug. I serve this with freshly brewed coffee. My kids especially love these with a tall glass of Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate.
These gingerbread pancakes taste just like everyone's favorite gingerbread cookies but in the form of pancakes! SO DELICIOUS.
Drizzled with some old fashioned Molasses on top this is simply the best! There is something so hearty and comforting about gingerbread pancakes drizzled with molasses! Yes forget maple syrup just for today! You will love it.
Love Gingerbread flavors? Try these!
- Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
- Gingerbread Crumb Cake
- Best Gingerbread cookies Recipe
- Moist Homemade Gingerbread Loaf
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- Quick Gingerbread Truffles (just 3-ingredients)
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
Ingredients needed to make Gingerbread Pancakes
- All Purpose flour
- Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt
- Spices: Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cloves
- Eggs - beaten
- Molasses - use some to mix in the batter and leftover for drizzling on top
- Melted Unsalted Butter (to mix in the pancake batter and to grease the girdle)
- Water - to make the gingerbread pancake batter.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Gingerbread Pancakes
Combine dry ingredients & wet ingredients in separate bowls. Mix in the molasses and mix until combined.
Butter the girdle and pour the batter into it. (about 1/3 cup at a time)
Cook until it gets golden brown and starts bubbling around the edges. Flip and cook the other side as well.
Serve warm with molasses drizzled on top.
- Whole Wheat flour - instead of all purpose flour, you can use whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- Top with Banana or Blueberries - top these gingerbread pancakes with freshly sliced banana or blueberries
- Vegan - to make Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes, replace egg with vegan yogurt and butter with vegan butter.
Refrigerate: You can store leftover gingerbread pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
Reheat: Gently reheat leftover pancakes in the toaster or microwave
Freeze: simply store leftover pancakes in a zipper bag and freeze them for upto 3 months. You can thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave until heated through.
Can I make Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes?
I haven't tried making Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes ever so I cannot say for sure how to make those. However you can try these Vegan Healthy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with Almond Flour as an alternative and add some spices from this recipe to infuse it with gingerbread flavors.
Can I make this with Almond Flour or Coconut Flour?
I haven't tried making the same recipe with Almond flour. However use this recipe for Almond Flour Pancakes and include the spices to make Gluten Free Almond Flour Gingerbread Pancakes.
Top Tips to make the Best Gingerbread Pancakes
- Make sure you add only the mentioned amount of spices for a balanced taste
- Grease the girdle with butter before adding the pancake batter
- Preheat the girdle to 375 F before use
- Add the Molasses only in the end to make the batter
- The Pancake batter should be thin but let it sit for 5 min and it will thicken.
- If you do not like Molasses then skip it and use maple syrup to drizzle on top.
What to serve Gingerbread Pancakes with?
- Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Orange Spiced Eggnog Muffins
- Gingerbread Crumb Cake
- Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Snickers Hot Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole (SO CHEESY)!
- Crispy Baked Bacon
Easy Gingerbread Pancakes
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 3 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter melted (0.75 stick)
- ½ cup Molasses to drizzle on top of pancakes
- fresh fruits or pecans to top over the Pancakes
- Preheat the girdle to 375 F and grease it with butter
- Combine 5 cups of All Purpose flour with 11/2 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Ginger and Ground Cloves. Whisk until combined. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients.
- Add the beaten eggs and molasses and fold until combined. The batter will be runny.
- Coat the skillet or girdle with melted butter to prevent the pancakes from sticking. Ladle 1/2 cup of batter (for large pancakes) or ¼cup of batter for smaller pancakes. Cook for 4-5 min. Flip when the edges are no longer shiny & bubbly and cook the other side. Continue cooking the other side for 1-2 min.
- Serve warm with molasses drizzled on top.