Healthy Black Bean and Spinach soup is a nutritious and filling soup recipe for dinner perfect for the cosy fall weather. 😋 This Black Bean and Spinach Soup features Spinach and Black Bean along with veggies and indian spices which are slow cooked with Creamy Coconut Milk and blend until smooth and served with cheddar cheese and cilantro on top. 🥘 Also this Soup is Vegan, Gluten Free and so Healthy!
Love Curried Soups? try my Vegan Lentil Coconut Curry in Crockpot or Thai Curried Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
Unlike a traditional Indian Curry, this is not at all spicy. Rather its creamy, sweet and smooth. 😋😋😋
The creamy texture of blended spinach will remind you of my Creamy Spinach Soup and along with the chunky Black Bean and Veggies will remind you of my Black Bean Enchilada Soup.
This Black Bean and Spinach Soup is a delicious cross between the two and that too with some of our favoruite Indian Spices.
Spinach and Black Beans along with Onion, Garlic, Spices and Coconut Milk are slow cooked over low heat until it gets soft and flavorful and then are blended until smooth. 😋😋😋
😋 Why You'll love this Black Bean and Spinach Soup?
- Easy to make - This is the easiest soup ever. You already have all the ingredients at hand and should make it tonight. ☺️
- Budget-Friendly - You need only a few ingredients and spices to make this soup. So cheap and inexpensive! 😇
- Vegan - Looking for a perfect Vegan Soup recipe which is not bland and boring? You're going to love this!🌱
- 😋 Why You'll love this Black Bean and Spinach Soup?
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 How to make Healthy Black Bean and Spinach Soup
- 📝 Substitutions
- 📝 Cooking Variations for this Easy Black Bean and Spinach Soup
- 🧊 How to store Black Bean and Spinach Soup
- 💯 Top tips to make the Best Spinach and Black Bean Soup
- 🥣 Other Soup Recipes to Try
- Black Bean and Spinach Soup in Crock Pot
- Fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- Red Onion (diced or finely chopped)
- Garlic (finely minced)
- Bell pepper (diced)
- Green Onions (chopped)
- Black Beans (drained and rinsed) (no salt prefered)
- Vegetable Broth
- Full fat Coconut Milk
- Ground turmeric
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garam Masala (can be replaced with all spices)
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cardamom
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Freshly grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Green Onions
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 How to make Healthy Black Bean and Spinach Soup
STEP 1: DUMP IN THE CROCK POT AND FORGET
- Dump all the ingredients (except the garnishes) in the Crock Pot.
- Toss to combine everything
- Cover with the lid and slow cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 2 Hours
STEP 2: BLEND THE SOUP
- Blend the soup in the crock pot using an immersion blender
- Blend until smooth.
STEP 3: GARNISH & SERVE
- Garnish with grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly chopped Parsley and finely chopped Green Onions.
- Serve immediately
Remember that for best texture, you need to blend the soup until creamy. I love to keep some of the Black Beans chunky for a nice nutty taste and texture.
If you're using a traditional Blender, then take out about 2 cups of the soup from the Crock Pot at a time, cool it down to room temperature and then blend until smooth in a traditional blender.
💡 Hint - Remember to cool down the soup completely before you blend it to avoid bursting of soup.
Not Interested in this recipe 😑 ? You can try these Soups instead 🤔
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup in a Crock Pot (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
If you do not have Indian spices like Turmeric, Corinader powder, Garam Masala etc, you can follow the follining replacements
Replace Corinader Powder with Yellow Curry Powder
Replace Garam Masala with All Spice
If you cannot find Turmeric, just skip it.
📝 Cooking Variations for this Easy Black Bean and Spinach Soup
- Chicken - If you want you can add Chicken to this soup. You can add shredded Rotisserie Chicken to the soup after you've blended the soup with immersion blender.
- Heavy Cream - Adding Heavy Cream to this soup will make it super creamy and delicious.
🧊 How to store Black Bean and Spinach Soup
You can store this Black Bean and Spinach Soup in a resealable bag in the freezer for upto 1-2 weeks. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
💯 Top tips to make the Best Spinach and Black Bean Soup
- Blend the Soup until smooth for best taste and texture
- Only use Organic and Fresh Vegetables for best texture.
- I don't use frozen Spinach because it gets mushy. I use fresh baby spinach which has been roughly chopped
- Go for no-salt Canned Beans
🥣 Other Soup Recipes to Try
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Traditional Brown Lentil Soup Recipe
- Healthy White Bean Enchilada Soup
- Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
- Potato Leek Soup
- Thai Curried Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk (Vegan)
Black Bean and Spinach Soup in Crock Pot
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup onion diced or finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black bean drained and rinsed (no salt prefered)
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala can be replaced with all spices
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Add spinach to the bottom of the crock pot. Then add in onions, garlic, bell pepper, green onions, and black beans.
- Pour vegetable broth and full fat coconut milk. Stir lightly. Close the crock pot with a lid. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Blend the Soup until smooth. You can simply just use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Or transfer 2 cups of the Soup to a traditional blender and blend until smooth. (Do not blend all the soup at once if using a traditional blender)
- Now simply garnish with fresh chopped parsley, freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions. Serve immediately.
Ask Me Anything