Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe (with gravy) [KETO & LOW CARB]
This Slow Cooker Pork Chops is a favorite family dinner recipe of ours. Fall off the bone tender and juicy Pork Chops cooked in a creamy and velvety gravy is a perfect Crock Pot Dinner Recipe for the family. Also this is Keto Crockpot Pork Chops recipe.
The Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker are extremely tender and fall apart when cut through a fork!
Also the gravy with Onions and Mushrooms is just too good. It tastes rich, creamy, buttery and bursting with flavors!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops (with Gravy)Juicy, fall off the bone tender and delicious, Slow Cooker Pork Chops cooked in a creamy sauce of Mushroom and Chicken is simply delicious. Its one of the most loved Crock Pot Recipes for dinner, where all you need to do is brown the Chops, whisk the sauce, dump and cook everything in the slow cooker, until its tender and juicy! A perfect comfort food recipe for dinner when served with Mashed Potatoes or Noodles.
So you are looking to make a nice, feel-good meal for your next dinner. Something like Pork Chops, because not only is it filling to the stomach but it also makes for a hearty, warm & easy dinner after any long day.
Also, Pork Chops are easily available, affordable and makes for a wholesome dinner recipe, especially for the weekend.
I love to make Crockpot Pork Chops for the weekend. Its one of those recipes which is just perfect for weekend.
If you tell me you're in a weeknight hurry and need a quick recipe, then this recipe is not for you!
This Slow Cooker Pork Chops just screams weekend comfort food recipe for dinner!!! Doesn't it?
Why you'll love these Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Hearty and Comforting
- Juicy and fall off the bone tender Pork Chops
- Needs very little standing and cooking time, so you just quickly brown the Pork Chops, make the sauce, and then just dump and forget!
- Made with simple pantry staple ingredients (ingredients which you already have at hand)
- Requires next to zero prep time! All you are doing is seasoning the Pork Chops and just chopping Mushrooms and Onions! It hardly takes 5 minutes.
- A perfect comfort food recipe when served over Mashed Potatoes or Steamed Rice along with Steamed Veggies.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops (with Gravy)
- Why you'll love these Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- The Best Pork Chops recipe ever
- What do you need to make Pork Chops?
- Ingredients list
- How to make Crock Pot Pork Chops? STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- STEP 1: BROWN THE CHOPS
- STEP 2: MAKE THE SAUCE
- STEP 3: DUMP AND COOK
- STEP 4: THICKEN THE GRAVY
- How to store Crock Pot Pork Chops?
- Tips for making the Best Crockpot Pork Chops
- Cooking Variations
- Why can’t we cook Pork Chops in high heat?
- Why should I brown Pork Chops before slow cooking?
- Can I use Boneless Pork Chops?
- 2. What side dishes are the best for serving with Crockpot pork chops?
- Gimme more Comfort food recipes
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe (with gravy) [KETO & LOW CARB]
The Best Pork Chops recipe ever
This is seriously the best Pork Chops I have ever made! I love how creamy and velvety the sauce is.
Also the juicy and tender Pork Chops are simply De-licious!!!!
What do you need to make Pork Chops?
1. Pork Chops which are preferably bone-in . I like to use thicker Pork Chops with a bit of fat throughout, while making Crock Pot Pork Chops. Also, you can use leaner Pork Chops but they do not come out to be as juicy as the thick, bone-in Pork Chops. Alternatively, you can use- Sirloin Chop, Blade Chop, Shoulder Chop and Tenderloin Chop.
2. Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper
3. Smoked Paprika - For a bit of heat and smokey flavors.
4. Garlic powder - to season the chops
5. Olive oil - to brown the chops
6. Onions - I love to use yellow onions. You can use red onions as well. Onions add a bit of sweetness to the gravy!
7. Mushrooms - I like to use Cremini Mushrooms. You can use Portobello Mushrooms as well.
8. Cream of Mushroom Soup & Cream of chicken soup - Use Canned Cream of Soup
9. Beef broth, preferably low sodium
How to make Crock Pot Pork Chops? STEP BY STEP GUIDE
STEP 1: BROWN THE CHOPS
- Season the Pork Chops on both sides with Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika and Garlic Powder
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Pork Chops, and brown both sides for 3-4 minutes (each side)
- Make sure you cook the Pork Chops on all their sides until they have reached sufficient browning.
- But don’t cook the pork chops too much on the pan.
- Your goal here is to just brown the pork chops.
- The rest of the cooking will take place in the Crock Pot.
- It should take approximately three minutes for each side of the Pork Chops to get browned.
STEP 2: MAKE THE SAUCE
- Remove the Chops from the skillet
- Pour, Beef Broth, Cream of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Chicken Soup to the skillet. Scrape off any bits which might have got stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- Whisk to combine everything and allow the sauce to come to a simmer for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat.
STEP 3: DUMP AND COOK
- Dump chopped Onions and Mushrooms in the Crock Pot
- Top with the Pork Chops and pour the Soup mixture over it. You can season everything with more spices like paprika and black pepper, but I don’t think any more salt would be necessary.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours so that the Pork Chops cook to tender and soft OR on High for 3-4 hours. Remember donot overcook the Pork Chops or they will get too chewy.
STEP 4: THICKEN THE GRAVY
- After the chops gets cooked, its time to thicken the gravy
- Make a Cornstarch Slurry with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch + 1 tablespoon of water. Mix to combine into a slurry and pour this in the sauce. Toss to combine everything.
- Cover and cook for 30 more minutes
- Once cooked, the sauce will thicken and get velvety and smooth.
- Serve over Steamed Rice Steamed Veggies or Mashed potatoes or Noodles of your choice.
How to store Crock Pot Pork Chops?
Pork chops especially cooked in a Crockpot are best eaten when they are still fresh and hot.
Leave it out in the open for too long and it will dry out.
But that does not mean there is no way of storing Crockpot Pork Chops.
All you need to do is pack away the leftovers in a secure airtight container and store it in a refrigerator. This will stay fresh for upto 2-3 weeks.
Whenever you want to have it again, just reheat it in a microwave before serving it.
It is not recommended for you to freeze the leftover pork chops as they will not freeze well, largely due to how much gravy is there with them.
Tips for making the Best Crockpot Pork Chops
1. This recipe takes around seven hours to cook in the Crockpot, so it would be better if you have a modern digital timer that has a timer and ‘keep-warm setting in it. That way you can just set your Pork Chops in the Crockpot and not worry if it gets overcooked.
2. The best kind of Pork Chops for this recipe are ones with bones. You can of course go ahead and use boneless ones, but you will not get that much fat and flavor from it. Remember more fat is equal to more flavor!!
3. Season your Pork Chops generously. Otherwise, it will taste bland.
4. Use Beef Broth and Condensed Cream of Soups that are low in sodium. Not only is it a good health choice but it will also ensure that your gravy will not end up being too salty.
5. You can use any "Cream of" Soup for this recipe. You can use two cans of Cream of Chicken Soup itself.
6. The best Pork Chops for the recipe are Blade Chop or Sirloin Chop or Shoulder Chop or Tenderloin Chop.
7. If you're using Boneless Pork Chops, it will take less time to cook. Use an internal temp of the Pork Chops to check if they are cooked after 3-4 hours of cooking on low. If it reads 145°F, your Pork Chops are cooked and you need to stop over cooking it.
8. Donot forger the thicken the gravy with Cornstarch slurry. It will make the sauce creamy and velvety!
9. Remember donot overcook the Pork Chops or they will get too chewy.
Pork Chops are such a amazing dinner recipe an there are so many amazing variations to this recipe.
Crockpot Pork Chops and Potatoes - If you want, you can just add diced Potatoes along with Onions and Mushrooms.
It makes the dish even hearty and comforting!
I would recommend you to use Russet Potatoes for this recipe or Pork Chops with Potatoes.
Crockpot Pork Chops with Ranch Dressing - Just sprinkle some dry Ranch seasoning to the simmering soup mixture and use it as is. It truly builds the flavors ten folds.
Crockpot Pork Chops and Apples - Apples tend to really go great in this recipe.
I love to use a little sweet and tarty Granny Smith Apples for this recipe.
Just add it along with Onions and Mushrooms.
Its really delicious!! You can also try this with my Apple Butternut Squash Chicken in Crockpot. Just replace Chicken with Browned Pork Chops here.
Why can’t we cook Pork Chops in high heat?
You really should not cook Pork Chops in high heat as that will make the meat tough and chewy, and not as tender as you want it to be.
If you want a fall-off-the-bone Pork Chop experience, then go for the Slow Cooking method!
I assure you, all the waiting will be worth it in the end!!!!
Why should I brown Pork Chops before slow cooking?
I know, you might think that browning the Pork Chops is unnecessary as you are already slow cooking the chops. However, the trick here is browning the Pork Chops before slow cooking them, helps them retain the moisture and hence they taste so juicy and delicious.
Can I use Boneless Pork Chops?
Yes, of course! Use thick, boneless Pork Chops. The recipe shall remain the same only the cooking time will be less.
You might want to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the Pork Chops before serving.
If it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F then your Pork Chops are perfectly cooked and ready to eat.
2. What side dishes are the best for serving with Crockpot pork chops?
Some vegetable dishes would go great along with your heavy and rich Pork Chops!
I especially recommend steamed Vegetables!
You will love my Southern Buttermilk Ranch Mashed Potatoes with these juicy Pork Chops and Gravy
Gimme more Comfort food recipes
- Swedish Meatballs
- Cheesy Sausage Gnocchi in One Pan
- One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
- Honey Baked Ham Recipe
- 5-ingredient Prime Ribs recipe
Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe (with gravy) [KETO & LOW CARB]
To season the Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops with bone
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil to brown the Chops
For the Gravy
- 1 medium sized Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms diced
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5oz can
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5oz
- 2 cups Beef Broth low sodium
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch to make the slurry
- 1 tablespoon Water to make the slurry
- Season the Pork Chops with Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt and Pepper. Season both sides of the chops generously. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers add the Pork Chops the skillet and cook over medium high heat. Cook each side for upto 3-4 minutes or until it browns. Once they brown, remove from the skillet and keep aside.
- In the same skillet pour Beef Broth along with Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup and Cream of Mushroom Soup. Whisk to combine everything. Scrape off anything which might have got stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Simmer this soup mixture for about 2-3 minutes over medium high heat. Meanwhile Chop the Onions and Mushrooms.
- Dump the Chopped Onions and Mushrooms in the Slow cooker. Top with the Pork Chops and Finally, Pour the Soup Mixture over it. Cover with a lid and slow cook on Low for 7-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- After it gets cooked, make a Cornstarch slurry using 1 tablespoon each of Cornstarch and water. Mix with a spoon and pour this slurry in the sauce and whisk to combine. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Once cooked, garnish with a fresh sprig of Rosemary and some freshly chopped Parsley. Serve over Mashed Potatoes or Steamed Rice along with some Steamed Veggies.