Crispy, Crunchy and Oh so cheesy! These Crusty Potato Cheese Balls make the perfect appetizers or snacks for parties, special occasions or no occasion at all. These Crispy Cheese Potato Balls can make any dull day cheesy special.
Crispy Potato Cheese Balls
I love making small bite-sized appetizers. I love to develop innovative recipes for appetizers because they come in handy and can seem so useful. Whenever you have guests at home, you can make your own appetizers and serve them. I always serve homemade recipes to my guests, even if it means cooking for 50 people in a row. I just love it, and I know, they too love it. The other day, I made these Crispy Cheese Potato Balls for an office party and everyone loved these. People were constantly asking me for the recipe. Everyone keeps asking me about the secret ingredient which makes these cheese potato balls so creamy on the inside. Well, here it is. For all of you who need to know this recipe, I am finally coming out with it. So, enjoy it! I use mashed potatoes to stuff my cheese. It's the creamy texture of mashed potatoes which makes my Cheese balls, crispy on the outside but, moist, sweet and creamy on the inside.
How to Make Crispy Cheese Potato Balls
To make Crispy Cheese Potato Balls, I started with boiling my potatoes. After I boiled my potatoes and peeled the skin off, I took them out on a mixing bowl and used a masher to mash them smooth.
Then, I added some chopped Onions, Garlic and Green Chillies. This is mixed with my Mashed Potatoes and then I added some fresh cream to it. I gave it all a good mix so that the mashed potato gets all fine and creamy.
I seasoned it with some Cayenne, Dry Mango Powder, chopped Cilantro, Salt and freshly ground black pepper. I gave it all a good stir and once it was all tight and kind of like dough, I started making small balls of it.
After making small potato balls, I made a bowl kind of shape out of it with a hole in the middle and stuffed it with some processed cheese and Mozarella Cheese.
After stuffing, I again rolled it into a ball so as to seal the Cheese deep within the layers of my mashed potatoes.
Finally, I dusted the potato cheese ball with some cornflour.
After dusting with Cornflour, I dipped it into a mixture of Cornflour and water (2:3) using a fork and after wetting it, I immediately took my cheeseball out and dusted it again with some more Cornflour and bread crumbs.
Finally, I placed these cheese balls in the refrigerator for about an hour.
After 1 hour, I took them out and placed them directly in medium hot oil. I fried my Crispy Cheese Balls in vegetable oil. I deep-fried my cheese balls.
You can use an air fryer to fry your Crispy Potato Cheese Balls as well. After they were fried, I took them out on a parchment paper to soak out the extra oil and then served it with green and red sauce.
How to make Green Sauce for Crispy Cheese Balls?
To make the green sauce for your Crispy Cheese Balls, make a paste of Cilantro, Mint Leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, 3 green chilis and two medium-sized tomatoes in a mixer grinder. Season it with salt and lime juice. You can also add in a spoon of sugar if it's too sour for you.
How to make Red Sauce for Crispy Potato Cheese Balls?
To make the red sauce, in a skillet heat some vegetable oil. To this minced garlic cloves. After the garlic gets fragrant add a 1/2 cup of canned tomato puree or fresh tomato puree. To this add cayenne, a spoon of sriracha, salt, and pepper and stir well until the sauce thickens.
So, this is how you can make Crispy Potato Cheese Balls. Get the detailed recipe and ingredients list below.
Crispy Potato Cheese Balls
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3 small Serrano Pepper or Green Chilies chopped
- 6-7 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mango Powder
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Pinch Freshly grounded black pepper
- As per taste Salt
- ¼ Cup heavy cream
- As per requirement Mozzarella Cheese crushed
- As per requirement Processed Cheese crushed
- As per requirement Parmesan Cheese crushed
- As per requirement Cornflour
- As per requirement Panko Breadcrumbs
- As per requirement Vegetable Oil
- First put the potatoes to boil. Cool them down and peel the skin off the potatoes.
- Next mash the potatoes with a masher and add in the chopped onions, garlic, chillies and spices to it along with the heavy cream and chopped cilantro.
- Give it a good stir and knead it into a soft dough
- Make a small bowl of a mashed potato dough ball
- Stuff it in with Mozzarella Cheese and Processed cheese. Seal the top with more Potato dough
- Finally, dust it in cornflour and dip it in a mixture of cornflour and water (2:3) using a fork
- Just dip until your ball is wet from all the sides and place it back into bowl of cornflour. Coat well with cornflour and bread crumbs.
- Let the cheese balls chill in the Refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Get them out and deep fry them in hot oil. If you are using an air fryer then deep fry in it.
- Serve your Crispy Potato Cheese balls with green and red sauce.