Crispy Honey Chicken Recipe is fried chicken breasts in a sweet and savory sauce. After Orange Chicken, Sesame Chicken, and Sweet Chili Chicken, if my family loves anything, it is these Honey Chicken Breasts. This homemade version of the popular restaurant-style Honey Chicken Chinese Recipe is easy and much more flavorful. It hits the right spots and gets your tastebuds talking.
FYI: This recipe is totally different from Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts.
Honey Chicken Recipe
Like all Chinese and Asian Chicken Recipes, this gets done in a matter of 15 minutes.
Quickly get some chicken and cut it into small pieces.
Fry them in hot oil after coating them in cornstarch, salt & pepper.
Quickly make a sweet and savory sauce with Honey, Soy Sauce, vinegar, and Sesame Oil.
And then just toss the chicken in your sauce.
Serve this alongside rice and dinner is served! If that's not an easy Chicken Breast recipe, then I don't know what is.
Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
In my home, I like to stack my fridge with Chicken Breasts as much as possible. It's so versatile.
Moreover when in that little 1 hour before cooking when you are absolutely confused and looking through easy chicken recipes on the internet, trying to figure out what to make for dinner, Chicken Breasts are a lifesaver.
With a pound of Chicken Breast, you can easily make a quick Chicken dinner and serve it on the table in less than 30-minutes.
What is Honey Chicken made of?
So, here we are gonna talk about the ingredients that you'd need to make Honey Chicken.
For Crispy Fried Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- All-Purpose Flour
- Green Onions
For Honey Chicken Sauce:
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
What Does Honey Chicken Taste Like?
FYI: This is a first-hand experience of tasting honey chicken just after I made it. So, with the name, you might think that it'll be sweet since there is honey. Well, you are partially correct.
- Along with the sweetness of honey, there is a toasty and nutty taste of sesame oil.
- There is a sharp kick of soy sauce.
- And, the crunchy green onions on crispy fried chicken is sure to bowl you over.
- Served over a bed of rice, crispy Chinese Honey Chicken is totally worth the effort.
- Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside tossed in a sweet and savory sauce, this recipe simply couldn't get any better.
Easy Honey Chicken Recipe:
Chinese Honey Chicken recipe is so easy that you'd want to make it right away. All it takes is just half-hour to make this delicious crispy Chinese recipe.
- Make Egg Mixture: In a bowl combine egg, salt, and pepper.
- Coat Chicken: Dredge chicken through cornstarch on a plate and dip it in the egg mixture. Dredge through cornstarch once again and add it to a pan with hot oil.
- Fry Chicken: Fry both sides of Chicken until they are crispy, and golden brown on the outside.
- Make Honey Chicken Sauce: To make Honey Chicken Marinade just take a clean pan and add Honey, Soy Sauce, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sesame Oil, and some water.
- Add cornstarch slurry: Into this make a cornstarch slurry. Add 1 part of cornstarch in 2 parts of water. Stir well and add it into your Honey Chicken Sauce. Bring it to a slow boil. Stir continuously and let it thicken.
- Toss Chicken: Finally, just toss the crispy fried chicken in your sticky simmering Honey Chicken Sauce.
- Garnish & Serve: Garnish your Honey Chicken Stir Fry with thinly sliced green onions and some freshly chopped cilantro. Serve over a bed of white rice.
Tips & Tricks to Make this Recipe Smoothly:
- Coat in Flour, then Egg mixture, and then repeat with Flour: This process of dredging through flour twice ensures the egg mixture sticks to the chicken resulting in a crispy fried chicken breast.
- Shake off excess flour: Make sure you shake off any excess flour before adding it to hot oil.
- Make sure the oil is hot: Make sure that the oil in which you are frying your chicken is hot.
- Don't add too much water while making the Sauce: You'll have to simmer for a longer time if you've added too much water. The idea is to get a sticky Honey Chicken Sauce.
- Add Some Lime Juice: In case you think your Honey Chicken is tasting too sweet just add some Lime juice and it will balance out the excess sweetness.
Here's the Video for Honey Chicken:
Other Asian recipes you can try:
- Ginger Soy Chicken - Excellent Chicken dinner recipe that you are bound to love.
- General Tso's Chicken Recipe - That amazing General Tso's Sauce!
- Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken - Peanut Butter feels so good with Chicken.
- Mongolian Chicken Recipe - Even better than Mongolian Beef.
- Asian Cashew Chicken - That nuttiness of cashews paired with an Asian Sauce.
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe - That sticky Teriyaki Sauce.
- Coca Cola Chicken Recipe - A Must try for all.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry - Umm!!aazingly delicious. And the broccoli adds so much nutrition.
- Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe - Just the best Asian Chicken dinner recipe ever.
If you are making this Crispy Honey Chicken recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap of your Honey Chicken Chinese recipe and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Honey Chicken Recipe
- 1½ Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper As per taste
- 1 Cup Cornstarch
- Oil for frying (canola oil or vegetable oil)
For Honey Chicken Sauce
- ½ Cup Honey 8 tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce Light/dark
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil you can also use toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar you can also use rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Water or as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- Green Onions thinly sliced
- cilantro freshly chopped
Prepare the Coating
- In a bowl combine eggs with Salt and Pepper. Stir well using a fork or a spoon. Set it aside.
- Coat Chicken: Dredge each piece of Chicken through cornstarch on a plate. Dip it in the egg mixture. And, dredge through cornstarch once again.
- Heat Oil: Heat about 3-inches of oil in a deep pot. Fry Chicken: Place chicken breasts one at a time in the pot. Make sure you do not overcrowd the pan. Fry it in batches. Fry both sides until golden brown and crispy. On medium-high heat, this should take about 3-minutes on each side.Repeat with remaining: Once done, place them on a paper towel. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Make Sauce: In a pan add Honey, Soy Sauce, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sesame Oil, and Water. Turn on the heat and let it simmer on low heat.Add Cornstarch Slurry: Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl using a spoon. Pour your cornstarch slurry into your sauce.Slow Boil: Allow your sauce to come to a slow boil for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously until thickened.
- Toss Chicken: Toss Chicken in the sauce and serve with thinly sliced green onions and freshly chopped cilantro.Serve: Serve over a bed of white rice.