Cold and Creamy Shrimp Salad is a simple and low carb Salad recipe. This Creamy Shrimp Salad recipe features Shrimps, Celery, Tomatoes, Red Onions. While the creamy dressing features Sour Cream, Onion & Garlic Powder and Herbs. Its super easy to make but is so high on flavors.
- Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe
- What dressing goes on Shrimp Salad?
- Creamy Shrimp Salad ingredients list
- Instructions on how to make Simple Cold Shrimp Salad
- Tasty additions
- What goes with Shrimp Salad?
- MORE SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPES
- Top Tips to make the Best Creamy Shrimp Salad
- More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Creamy Shrimp Salad (Keto)
Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe
Do you love Shrimp Salads? Well I certainly do! Shrimp Salads makes for a super quick and easy High Protein Low Carb salad.
They cook the fastest - within 2-3 min (weather you boil them or bake them or cook in a skillet)
What makes Shrimp Salads really special is its simplicity and yet the amazing seafood flavor which is just the best.
What dressing goes on Shrimp Salad?
Creamy Shrimp Salad ingredients list
- Shrimps - peeled and de-veined
- Celery stalks - finely chopped
- Red Onions - finely chopped
- Tomatoes - finely chopped, can use Cherry Tomatoes as well
FOR THE CREAMY SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning - can replace with mixed herbs like dried Thyme, Rosemary Basil & Oregano.
As for the dressing, ideally you are supposed to use Mayonnaise, but since Mayonnaise is a high fat condiment, I decided to skip it and replace with Sour Cream which provides the same tartness and creamy texture to this Shrimp Salad.
Many people love a bit of heat in this Creamy Shrimp Salad so they include a bit of hot sauce in the dressing.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
Instructions on how to make Simple Cold Shrimp Salad
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the Shrimps. Cook for 3-4 min or until the Shrimps turn pink. Once they get cooked, drain and set aside.
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk until combined through and set aside.
Combine Shrimps with Chopped Celery, Red Onions, Tomatoes. You can add chopped romaine lettuce as the base of the salad as well.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until you serve.
- Do not overcook the Shrimps. You want them juicy and pulpy. Overcooking the Shrimp will make them chewy!
- Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to bump up the flavors.
- Garnish with Dill leaves
- FRESH SHRIMP - Prefer Fresh Shrimp which is found in coastal areas.
- FROZEN SHRIMP - If you're using frozen Shrimps, then thaw them before use
- Chicken - instead of Shrimps you can use shredded Chicken to make creamy Chicken Salad
- Mayonnaise - replace Sour Cream with Mayonnaise if you aren't concerned about carbs but want to make it tasty and flavorful
- Vegan - To make Vegan creamy Salad use Tofu. You need to bake the Tofu @400F for 10 min before use. Also replace Sour Cream with Vegan Sour Cream.
- Spicy - a bit of spice adds a nice kick to this creamy Shrimp Salad Recipe. You could use just a bit of Hot Sauce or Tabasco Sauce or just add some Paprika or Cayenne Pepper!
- Shrimp Salad with Dill Pickle - Pickle adds a nice tartness to this salad which is soooo good!
- Dijon Mustard - adding a bit of Dijon makes the dressing so good!
- Herbs of your choice - use fresh herbs like flat leaf parsley or Thyme or freshly chopped Basil.
What goes with Shrimp Salad?
You can serve this as a Sandwich or stuff within Avocados or top over a toasted slice of Baguette. OR just serve this within a Taco or top over crispy Tostadas or serve in Lettuce Wraps. It makes for a perfect Summer BBQ Side Dish recipe. Besides this you can serve this Shrimp Salad with Chilled Mango Gazpacho or Keto Cheesy Garlic BreadSticks
MORE SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPES
- Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Tomatoes (Keto)
- Best Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe in the World
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
Top Tips to make the Best Creamy Shrimp Salad
- Since this salad is made with very few ingredients, use freshest of the ingredients possible
- Make sure you use thawed Shrimp
- You can add Mayonnaise for more flavors.
- Italian Seasoning you could use any spicy seasoning such as Old Bay Seasoning or Taco Seasoning or Jerk Seasoning or just some Smoked Paprika or Cayenne Pepper to make this a bit spicy!
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Cucumber Salad
- Watermelon, Cucumber & Feta Cheese Salad
- Easy Spinach Salad
- Cucumber Red Onion Avocado Salad
- Strawberry Chicken Salad with the Best ever dressing
- Mexican Corn Salad
Creamy Shrimp Salad (Keto)
- 1 lbs Shrimps peeled and deveined
- ½ cup Celery Stalks finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Roma Tomato finely chopped, can use Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Dill Leaves finely chopped, for garnish
FOR CREAMY SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning can replace with mixed herbs like dried Thyme, Rosemary Basil & Oregano.
- COOK THE SHRIMP: Bring a pot of water to boil. As the water boil, add the Shrimps and cook for 3-4 min or until they are no longer pink. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, whisk until combined and set aside.
- MAKE SALAD: Combine all the Salad ingredients in a mixing bowl. You can add chopped romaine lettuce as the base of the salad.
- ADD THE DRESSING: Add the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine. Garnish with freshly chopped Dill leaves. Refrigerate until you serve.