Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are a quick bite-sized appetizer, great for parties and special occasions. This is made with Button mushrooms so that these are bite-sized and perfect for the crowd. Also, these are stuffed with a creamy filling of cream cheese, roasted red pepper flakes, mushroom stalks, and Jalapenos. And of course, are topped with some Mozzarella and baked until the cheese gets melted and browns! This recipe takes just 10 minutes to make from scratch and is a serious crowd-pleasing appetizer.
These Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are super delicious. I make it for my parties and they are over before I know it. These are super tasty and so delicious that you cannot restrict yourself to just one of these.
Also, this makes for a perfect bite-sized appetizer for any party. You can also replace Button mushrooms with Portobello mushrooms. However, I like to use Button Mushrooms as they look super cute and sophisticated!
To me, this is just the best way to use up mushrooms. I mean I love using mushrooms for my recipes. Like my Pan-seared Garlic Butter Mushrooms or my Coconut Mushroom Curry or Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Risotto or Mushroom Potato Casserole or Sweet Potato and Mushroom stuffing or Sriracha Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms but this one is such an easy appetizer and makes for a perfect recipe to feed the crowd.
What to stuff the Mushrooms with?
The stuffing can get as varied as you want it to. It's so simple. Whatever you love you can use it to stuff these Mushrooms.
I like to stuff the chopped Mushroom stems along with some cream cheese, chopped jalapeno, some roasted red pepper flakes for that pop of heat and color, and of course some Italian taste. I combine all of this and stuff it inside of my Mushrooms.
There are so many amazing flavor options.
If you're doing a Pizza filling, you can stuff the Mushrooms with Pizza fillings and top with some chopped bacon or salami.
You can also use some Bell pepper and Olives.
How to make Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms?
So to begin with you need to pat dry and clean the Button Mushrooms. I like to use a Paper towel to clean the Mushrooms. Mushrooms have a LOT of moisture in them. So do not make the mistake of washing them. Pat them clean using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
Now, carefully, remove the Mushroom stems and then chop them up finely.
Now, also chop some Jalapenos.
Now, to make the filling, combine the Cream Cheese with the chopped Mushroom stems, chopped Jalapenos, Roasted Red Pepper Flakes, Italian seasoning, Salt, and Pepper. Just combine all of this.
Spray the Mushrooms with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
Season them with salt and pepper.
Stuff the filling into the Mushrooms.
Top with shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Bake the Mushrooms for 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts. Broil for 2-3 minutes so that the cheese browns a bit.
Serve it hot. Garnish with chopped cilantro or chopped spring onions.
Tips to make the best Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mushrooms are filled with so much water. So, you do not have to wash the mushrooms. Just pat them dry using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Also, cut a small cross at the base of the Mushrooms. This will drain off the excess water from the Mushrooms while baking.
- Make a pile of the mozzarella on top, so that it melts all over the Mushroom
How to make these ahead of time?
Well, I always make these ahead of time and serve them hot out of the oven. So what you can do is, you can stuff the Mushrooms with the filling, top with the cheese and store it in the refrigerator. Just pop them in the oven before serving, bake until the cheese melts, and serve!
I hope you loved this recipe. if you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 10 large Button Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 medium sized Jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper to season
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese 50gm
- chopped cilantro or spring onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Pat dry the Mushrooms using a Paper towel or muslin cloth. Cut or break the stems of the Mushrooms, and chop them finely.
- Make the creamy filling by combining Cream Cheese with minced Jalapenos, Chopped Mushroom Stalks, Italian Seasoning, and Roasted Red Pepper Flakes.
- Spray the Mushrooms with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Season it with Salt and Pepper. Carefully fill the centers of the Mushrooms with the filling. Top with the cheese.
- Bake these Stuffed Mushrooms for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese gets melted on top. To brown the cheese broil for 2-3 minutes. Finally, serve it with some chopped cilantro or spring onions on top.