Creamy Coffee Mousse is just the perfect dessert recipe. Be it for Summers or Winters, this Coffee Mousse never disappoints.
This is thick, creamy, decadent and so delicious. I love every bit of this Coffee Mousse. It's just irreplaceably good.
There's Coffee, there is a hint of Cocoa dusted on top, and it's just a combination that is made in heaven. 🤤🤤
Coffee Mousse is perfect for both Chocolate Lovers as well as Coffee Lovers. I feel this Coffee Mousse has me written all over it. If you know me, then you know how much I love Coffee.
- 🤤 Let's Talk Taste
- 👩🍳 How to make Coffee Mousse
- STEP 1: Make Espresso
- STEP 2: Separate Egg Yolks and Egg Whites
- STEP 3: Whisk Eggs and combine with Espresso
- STEP 4: Fold in the Meringue and Heavy Cream
- STEP 5: Refrigerate the Mousse
- STEP 6: Serve
- 🧊 How to store Coffee Mousse?
- Coffee Mousse (Without Gelatin)
In fact, Coffee is my favorite flavor of Ice Cream as well. Not as dark and decadent as Chocolate, but something different and unique!
Just so delicious...!🤤
🤤 Let's Talk Taste
This Coffee Mouse is thick and creamy. Not for one moment will you feel that this Coffee Mousse is made without Gelatin or Agar Agar. In fact, this is just as thick as it would have been if you would have Gelatin or Agar Agar.
The taste is just like a Coffee Ice Cream. Also, the Meringue folded in the Mousse just like it is done in Authentic French Style Meringue makes this Mousse so fluffy that it disappears in your mouth! It's just so good!!!
👩🍳 How to make Coffee Mousse
Making this Coffee Mousse is a breeze. In fact, it might look like a sophisticated dessert, but in actuality, this is pretty easy to make. Below is a brief description of the recipe. You can find the full recipe card below and also watch the video for a quick visual
STEP 1: Make Espresso
- I have used Evaporated Milk for this recipe.
- Boil Evaporated Milk until it gets frothy.
- Add Espresso Powder and stir until combined.
- Boil over low heat and keep stirring until combined.
STEP 2: Separate Egg Yolks and Egg Whites
- Separate Egg Yolks and Egg Whites
- Beat Egg Whites using a handheld mixer until frothy for 2 minutes at high speed
- Add Granulated Sugar, (just 1 teaspoon at a time) and beat until combined
- Beat until your Meringue has stiff peaks.
STEP 3: Whisk Eggs and combine with Espresso
- Now, whisk the Egg Yolks separately until combined.
- Add the Espresso mixture slowly in the whisked eggs mixture and stir until combined.
- Once you've mixed about 3 tablespoon of Espresso Mixture with the Egg Yolks add the egg mixture to the Espresso Mixture.
- Stir until combined.
STEP 4: Fold in the Meringue and Heavy Cream
- Fold in the Meringue and the Heavy Cream in the Espresso Mixture
- Gradually fold until combined.
- Keep whisking until there are no Meringue lumps left.
- Also, stir in the confectioners sugar
STEP 5: Refrigerate the Mousse
- Pour the mousse into serving glasses
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
STEP 6: Serve
- Serve with a dollop of whipped Meringue and Cocoa powder over the Coffee Mousse
🧊 How to store Coffee Mousse?
You can wrap the Coffee Mouse with Plastic wrap and refrigerate this for 2-3 days. However, it is best advised that you enjoy it within 24 hours as it will best taste fresh.
Do not freeze the Coffee Mousse and freezing it will spoil its taste.
- Thandai Cheesecake Mousse
- No-Bake Mini Strawberry Mousse Cups
- Traditional Chocolate Mousse
- Banana Mousse Tarts
- Mango Mousse (without Gelatin, Eggs and Agar Agar)
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Coffee Mousse (Without Gelatin)
- 2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 4 teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 4 large Eggs separated
- 2 tablespoon Granulated sugar for the meringue
- ¼ cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Cocoa Powder to dust on top
- In a bowl, allow the Milk to come to a boil. As it boils, reduce the heat and add the Espresso Powder. Whisk until combined. Allow it to simmer for 2 minutes and then take it off the heat and allow it to cool down.
- Separate Egg Yolk and Egg Whites. Whisk the Egg Whites to make Meringue. Add 1 tablespoon of Granulated Sugar once at a time and beat until combined and you get stiff peaks. Separately also, whisk the Egg Yolks until combined and gets thick and creamy!
- Now, combine 3 tablespoon of Espresso Mixture with the Egg Yolk Mixture. Stir until combined thoroughly. Pour this in the Espresso Mixture pot. Stir until combined
- Fold in the Meringue and Heavy Cream with the Espresso Mixture. Stir until there are no lumps left. Also, stir in the Confectioner's sugar.
- Pour this into individual serving glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Serve with a dollop of whipped Meringue and Cocoa Powder on top.