Coca-Cola Chicken Drumsticks is one of the best Asian chicken recipes ever. If you are looking for a juicy and tender Chicken recipe with an Asian sweet and spicy glaze then try this Cola Chicken Recipe. You should definitely include this in your weekly meal rotation.
I know what you are thinking. Chicken with Coca Cola?
Is that even possible? Well, tell me honestly, aren't you excited by the thought of making Chicken with Coca Cola?
Well, you should be, because this is one of the easiest chicken dinner recipes that should be a part of your party menu or weeknight meals...!
Coca Cola Chicken is a Tasty Chicken Recipe for Dinner that you can enjoy with your Family:
You can even make cola chicken in the slow cooker.
Imagine, serving this exciting Chicken dish to your kids once they come home from school.
They are gonna be so excited about this.
The best part about this is that you can even make coca-cola chicken wings or you can make coca-cola chicken thigs and you can also make coca-cola chicken breasts.
I used chicken drumsticks because my kids are always fighting over Chicken drumsticks. They just love it.
I have made coca-cola chicken drumsticks on a skillet.
You can even make this in an oven. I have included separate instructions for making this in the oven below.
Coca Cola Chicken is a Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes with very few Ingredients:
To make this you'll need:
- Chicken Drumsticks: You can use Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts to make this recipe. It's totally up to you. Chicken legs have a juicy and tender taste and my kids love Chicken legs. That's the reason I used Chicken legs. You can choose any cut of Chicken that you like.
- Cola: Coca Cola is the prime ingredient for this Chicken dish. You are free to use either diet or regular coke.
- Flour, Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika: Before frying Chicken legs, I prefer coating them in a bit of flour and these spices so that they form a crispy crust on the outside of the chicken.
- Ketchup: Ketchup adds that much-needed spice and freshness to this recipe. It brings a sourness that cuts out the excessive sweetness contributed by Onions, Worcestershire sauce, and Brown Sugar.
- Onions and Garlic: Finely chopped Onions and minced garlic forms the base of the recipe. It is onions and garlic that make this taste sort of complete.
- Worcestershire sauce: This sauce brings a dark color and a sweet taste to this cola chicken recipe. Just a few drops of Worcestershire sauce is more than enough to get a flavorful Chicken dish.
- Dried oregano: Oregano brings a strong aroma and sharp taste to this Chicken dish. It enhances the flavors of Chicken.
- Brown Sugar: Brown Sugar brings a sweet taste to this quick and easy chicken recipe. It brings that gorgeous dark color and that stickiness which is pretty evident from the images.
- Mustard Sauce: Well, Mustard Sauce has a sharp and distinct taste, which stands out from the rest. Well, not in this recipe. The mustard sauce adds a much needed spicy touch to this otherwise sweetish sort of Chicken Dinner Recipe.
- Salt & Pepper: Adjust the seasoning of Salt and Pepper as per taste.
How to Make Coca Cola Chicken from Scratch?
- Coat Chicken in Spices: Coat Chicken legs in flour, Salt, Pepper, and Smoked Paprika. Flip it over and coat the other side as well.
- Fry Chicken: In a pan heat some Olive Oil. As the Oil shimmers, add Chicken Legs. Fry both sides on medium-high heat until you see a crispy outer skin on the chicken. This step takes time. So, be patient and keep a close eye on the chicken.
- Make the Sauce: Once the Chicken is fried, take it out. In the same pan, add chopped onions and garlic. Since the oil is hot, onions and garlic would get sauteed in less than 30-seconds. In the same pan add Mustard Sauce, Dried Oregano, Brown Sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, Ketchup, Salt, and Pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add Chicken Legs: Finally, add Chicken legs and allow it to come to a slow boil. Taste it and adjust it as per your needs.
- Garnish with Green Onions: Finally, garnish with green onions and serve with either rice or
PRO-TIPS To Make this Chicken Dish for Dinner:
- Do Not Crowd the Pan: I know you are excited about this tasty Chicken Dish. But, be patient while frying your Chicken in the pan. Whether you are frying Chicken Legs or Chicken breasts or Chicken Thighs, make sure that you don't overcrowd the pan. This will help you gain complete control over your chicken and they won't be overcooked or undercooked.
- Check Meat Temperature: One of the best kitchen tools I've invested in is a Meat Thermometer. If you have a Meat Thermometer, you will never be worried about your Chicken being undercooked or overcooked. Just check of the temperature of the Chicken is at least 165F.
What to Serve this with?
Other Chicken Recipes you Might Like:
- Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
- Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Asian Cashew Chicken [Better Than Takeout]
- Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Indian Spiced Spinach Chicken
Coca Cola Chicken Recipe
- 10 Large Chicken Drumsticks you can also use 1 pound Boneless Chicken Thighs or Chicken Wings or Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour can replace with Gluten Free Flour like Almond Flour
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 5-6 Tablespoons Olive Oil divided
Coca Cola Chicken Sauce
- 1 medium-sized Onion Finely Chopped
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard Sauce can replace with Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar can replace with Monk Fruit Sweetener or Stevia
- ½ cup Ketchup can use Keto Ketchup made using Medjool Dates for low carb version
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Can Coca Cola diet or regular
- Green Onions finely chopped for garnish
- Season Chicken Drumsticks with Flour, Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, and some Olive Oil. Rub it on both sides of your chicken.
- In a skillet heat some olive oil on medium-high heat. As the Oil shimmers, add Chicken Drumsticks and cook until it forms a crispy crust on the outside. Flip over with a kitchen tong and fry another side as well. If you're cooking Chicken Breasts, or Thighs, cook skin side first. Each side should take about 3 minutes to brown. Once done, take it out and keep it aside. You donot have to cook the Chicken completely right now.
- In the same Skillet, add chopped Onions and garlic. Saute this for just 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add Mustard Sauce, Ketchup, Dried Oregano, Brown Sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Coca Cola, Salt, and Pepper. Stir well and allow the sauce to come to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Finally, add Fried Chicken Drumsticks and cover cook for 5-10 minutes. Now, garnish with some chopped green onions on top. Enjoy with rice or mashed potatoes.
- Do not fry all chicken at once.
- You can easily swap Chicken Drumsticks with Chicken Thighs or Chicken Wings. Traditionally Chinese Coca Cola Chicken is made with Chicken wings.
- For Low Carb version use Low Carb Keto Ketchup, Coconut Sugar or Stevia for sweetness and use Zero Fat Diet Coke.
How to Make Coca Cola Chicken in Oven?
- Make the Sauce in the skillet and preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In the meantime season chicken and place them in a baking sheet greased with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake them at 425°F for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Baste the chicken drumsticks with coca-cola chicken sauce at regular intervals.
- Garnish and serve.