Cilantro lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic is a quick and easy Shrimp dinner recipe. Made with Freshly cleaned Shrimps tossed in a Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce and topped with Lemon juice, this is best served with plain rice or noodles or Pasta or with Freshly Roasted Veggies. Also, it takes just 13 minutes to get prepared from scratch.
Hey friends! So, As you know, how much I love Shrimp recipes, today I thought of making this yummy and zesty Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic. And after everyone loving it at home, I thought, it wouldn't be complete before I shared it with you guys! So here I am. Did you try: Shrimp Udon Stir Fry or Green Curry Shrimp or Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp or Creamy Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry Recipe or Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
This Cilantro Lime Shrimp is seriously so refreshing and zesty! I love a good Shrimp recipe and most of the year, I try to make a lot of Shrimp for dinners. In my home, we love Shrimp dinner, and it is one of the definitive in our weekly meal rotations, except during the winter months.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Shrimp - Cleaned and Deveined Shrimps are to be used for this recipe.
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper - This will make sure your Shrimps are seasoned to perfection.
- Canola Oil - Canola Oil is used for frying the Shrimp. You can use Vegetable oil or butter as well.
- Serrano Pepper - This will bring in a spicy flavor to this recipe.
- Onions - Onions will bring in a subtle sweetness to this recipe.
- Garlic - Garlic has been roasted and used, so it gives a roasted garlic flavor which is just too good.
- Cilantro - Cilantro is used for the sauce and also for garnish.
- Lemon Juice - Lemon juice binds all the flavors together and makes this taste refreshing.
- Sour Cream - Sour Cream is used to make the Cilantro Sauce. It brings in a tangy taste to this recipe.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic
Begin by cleaning the Shrimp and then seasoning it with some Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
Next, heat some Canola Oil in a Skillet and add the Chopped Garlic and chopped Serrano Pepper.
As the Garlic begins to get roasted, add the Shrimp and cook over a low flame until it gets golden brown on both sides.
Meanwhile, make the Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce. Throw in some Cilantro and Sour Cream in a Blender. Add some salt and blend it into a smooth sauce.
Now, go back to the Shrimps. Add the chopped onions and saute. Cover cook for 2 minutes or cook over a low flame until the onions turn translucent.
Finally, pour in the Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce and mix well.
Serve it and garnish with some freshly chopped Cilantro and a generous drizzle of Lemon Juice.
What to serve Cilantro Lime Shrimp with?
You can serve this with Tacos, Quinoa, or a bed of Plain Rice or Noodles or Pasta, or Sauteed vegetables.
Can I freeze Cilantro Lime Shrimp?
Of course, you can. You can store this in an air-tight box and keep it in the freezer. Before you serve it, reheat it in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until it's evenly heated throughout and then you can serve it.
Is this Recipe Gluten-Free?
Many celiacs wonder whether sea food is good for them or not. The answer is Yes! Celiacs must eat seafood like Shrimps. It's actually good for them. And, therefore, this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Can I Make this Ahead of time?
Of Course, Yes. So, to make this ahead of time, first, marinate the chicken and keep it in an air-tight container. When you are about to make it, then keep it on the countertop for about an hour or two. Then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Let's talk taste
This Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted garlic has a zesty and refreshing taste to it. The Roasted Garlic flavor is very evident. Also, the Cilantro and Lime along with Sour Cream make this super flavorful, creamy and so delicious.
You can serve it with Roasted Veggies or Pasta or Noodles or a bed of Rice or Quinoa or even use it as a Taco Filling!
So, this was all about this Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon! If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
You might also like
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic
- 0.5 lbs Shrimp Deveined and Cleaned
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 4-5 cloves Garlic chopped
- 6-7 chopped Serrano Pepper
- 1 medium sized Onion chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped (more for garnish)
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Clean the Shrimp and season it with salt and pepper
- Heat Canola Oil in a skillet. Add the chopped Garlic and Serrano Peppers. Add the Shrimp and fry them over medium flame until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- In a blender, throw in the cilantro and the sour cream. Add some salt to season it and blend it into a smooth puree. This is your homemade Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce. You can add some Lemon juice in this as well.
- Now, check to see if your Shrimps are done. Once they are lightly golden brown in color, add the chopped onions. This will keep the onions crunchy. Saute and then cover cook for about 2 minutes over low flame.
- Pour the Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce over the Shrimps. Mix well over a high flame. Once it comes to a quick boil, take it off the heat and serve.
- Garnish your Cilantro Lime Shrimps with some chopped Cilantro and a generous drizzle of Lemon Juice. Serve it hot with Rice or Noodles or Pasta or your favourite Side dish.