Chicken Fajita Soup makes for a perfect chilly night dinner! Packed with flavors of Chicken Fajita and my homemade Fajita Seasoning, this zesty, flavorful and super delicious Fajita Soup Chicken recipe is super easy and so delicious.
Chicken Fajita Soup is one of the quickest soup recipe to make. Healthy, Nutritious, Warm and Comforting, you will always love this soup.
Easy Chicken Soup
Simple and Easy Chicken Soup with fajita seasoning, veggies and shredded chicken is the best way to cook an easy chicken soup recipe.
Chicken Fajita Soup makes for a perfect weeknight meal. You can easily make this soup ahead of time and serve it to your family.
You can even make this Chicken Fajita Soup in the crockpot. Just dump everything in the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Shred the chicken and cook until it gets heated through.
Ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajitas Soup
- Olive Oil - this is simply used to cook the veggies
- Red Onions - for the crunchy and sweet taste
- Diced Bell Peppers - the best thing about fajitas
- Fajita Seasoning - try this homemade blend of spices
- Garlic - adds flavors
- Diced Tomatoes - make the soup tangy and delicious.
- Chicken Broth - to make a flavor-packed chicken soup
- Cooked Shredded Chicken - you can use chicken breasts as well, cook and shred them.
- Lime Juice & cilantro - for garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Chicken Fajitas Soup
Heat Olive Oil in a dutch pot. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onions and diced bell peppers. Saute for 2 min. Add the minced garlic and saute.
Add the Fajita Seasoning, diced tomatoes, Broth and shredded Chicken. Toss to combine.
Cover cook the soup for 10-20 min over medium low heat.
Garnish with freshly squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro and serve.
Hint: If you're using chicken breasts, then cook it in the dutch pot. Shred it and then stir in the soup.
However, I feel shredded rotisserie chicken saves a LOT of time in making this soup recipe.
You can store leftover Chicken fajita Soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto a week. You can even store it in an airtight container and freeze it for upto 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven until heated through before serving.
Top Tips to make the Best Chicken Fajita Soup
- This soup can be made ahead of time
- To make Chicken Fajita Soup in Crock pot, simply dump sauteed veggies and chicken in the slow cooker along with chicken broth and fajita seasoning and diced tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- Using precooked shredded rotisserie chicken will save you a lot of time
- Make homemade fajita seasoning for the best and authentic flavors.
More Soup recipes
- Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Instant Pot - 15 min )
- Lasagna Soup
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (so creamy)
- Lemon Spinach Orzo Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Easy Black Bean and Spinach Soup in Crock Pot
- Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
- 3 medium sized Bell Peppers finely chopped (all three color bell peppers or any color you have)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sized red onion finely chopped (can use yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- Heat Olive Oil in a large pot. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onions and bell peppers. Saute for 2-3 min over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Now add the fajita seasoning, diced tomatoes and toss to combine. Add the chicken and toss to combine.
- De glaze the pot with chicken broth. Stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-20 min.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve hot
To make Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Saute the bell peppers, garlic, onion, and tomatoes with fajita seasoning in a skillet
- Dump them in the slow cooker with the chicken breasts
- Pour the chicken broth and cover it with the lid
- After 2 hours, get the chicken out of the crockpot and shred it using two forks
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot. cook for 1-2 hours on low
- Slow cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours