There is something so cozy and comforting about this Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup. It just hits the right spots. So, smooth, so creamy and so comforting.
When it comes to fall soups, I am someone who is super-excited about it. I mean everyone in my family loves it, but, I just cannot seem to get enough of it.
This creamy, cheesy, and comforting roasted cauliflower soup is like the best thing about this year's fall.
Imagine going through a sickeningly tiring day and then you sit back in your favorite corner of the couch with your favorite blanket and slowly feel every spoon of this creamy, cheesy, and velvety roasted garlic cauliflower soup. That's quite a picture, isn't it?
Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic
When you add roasted garlic and cauliflower, the taste automatically gets so much better. I mean, there is that smokiness, there is a charred taste and when you make a puree of it, the result is so good.
I have used one entire bulb of garlic. If that's too garlicky for you then you can surely add less of it.
What's So Special about this Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup?
When it comes to a healthy cauliflower soup, I like to use a bit of cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper adds that little hint of spice which makes the soup hit the right spots.
I never try to go overboard with the spices. After all, taking up a napkin and wiping up sweats is the last thing that you want, when you are enjoying a creamy and velvety bowl of soup.
But, we don't want it to go bland and fall flat. Therefore just a tad bit of cayenne does all the magic.
How Do I make it even better?
I have tried to use everything at my disposal to give this soup the texture and taste that I like and I hope you guys would like. But, I still think that if I had these things then my recipe would be so much better.
- Coconut - Just a dash of freshly grated coconut and some coconut milk, would bring an extra tone of nuttiness and sweetness in our soup.
- Bacon - With a touch of little fried bacon strips we could improve the taste, texture, and consistency of this soup drastically.
Easy Cauliflower Soup
When you think of making an easy and velvety soup which is just super-delicious and super-creamy, then you gotta make this soup. I LOVE everything about this soup.
Starting from the flavor of roasted garlic and roasted cauliflower. To the addition of milk and cayenne pepper towards the end, this recipe is just super-amazing.
And, what I love most about this recipe is that it is super-easy.
Yes, just takes about an hour to make this. So, easy and so comforting. This makes for a complete meal in itself. This is just the sort of soup that you would want to have when you are really hungry and you want to have something filling and appetizing.
Healthy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
As you might have seen when people make roasted garlic soup, they usually go with cream. But, this is one single recipe, that uses no cream and still hits all the right spots.
And this recipe is really healthy. Yes, there is cheese. Which is NOT GOOD, for heart patients. But, you can always skip it. It won't make any difference, I can guarantee you on that. The taste would be so so so good even without cheese.
So creamy and so comforting. Exactly, the kind of recipe that you would want to make for yourself, after having gone through a long and tiring day.
Cheesy and Hearty Cauliflower Soup Ingredients:
- Vegetable Stock
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- White Cheddar Cheese
How to make this Creamy Cauliflower Soup?
To make this soup, you need to make this in just three basic steps. Very easy and super-tasty!
- First, you need to roast garlic and cauliflower in the oven with some olive oil.
- Next, you need to roast onions and carrots in a pan and then add vegetable stock to it.
- Now once the cauliflower and garlic are done, add it in the pan with onions and carrots. Let these veggies simmer for 25-minutes.
- Once they are done, cool it down and make a smooth and creamy paste. If it feels too thick for soup then you can add some water and adjust the consistency of the soup.
- Finally, fold in cheese, add milk and season your soup with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and some lime juice.
And your creamy and velvety roasted cauliflower garlic soup is absolutely ready! Easy recipe, right?
If you are making this recipe, then please provide a rating to this recipe. If you can take a photo and post it on Instagram with #recipemagik then it would be great.
Other Easy Soups You Can Make:
- Traditional brown lentil Soup
- Red Bean Tex Mex Soup
- Best Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons
- Thai Curried Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 2 Cup Chopped Cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to roast cauliflower and garlic in oven
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to roast carrot and onions in a saucepan
- 2 Large Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cup Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅛ Tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 220°C.
- Cut the top bulb of garlic, drizzle some olive oil over the bulb and wrap it up in a foil.Add the cauliflower florets and drizzle olive oil over them. Place it all in a baking tray and roast for 35-minutes.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Add chopped carrots and onions. Once they get slightly roasted, add one cup of vegetable stock and cover cook for 5-6 minutes.
- When the cauliflower and garlic get roasted get them out and add to the pot. Simmer and cover cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully take out and cool it down to room temperature for at least 20-minutes. Blend in parts into a smooth soup.
- Pour the soup in a pan. Add cheese along with milk and flour. Stir Well. Serve. Season with Cayenne Pepper, Thyme, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and lime juice.