Brussel Sprouts wrapped in Bacon is one of the easiest appetizer that you can make for the crowd. Just like these Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar and Honey. I love making them during Thanksgiving. This veggie side dish goes great with a host of different entrées, and is a fabulous choice for a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
I know we love to pair bacon with hash browns, eggs, and toast. And, wrapping them in veggies might seem like a little odd for some.
But, I like the idea of this healthy meal prep served as a vegetarian side dish. Believe it or not, Brussels sprouts can actually be quite delicious if prepared with a flavorful method.
The recipe for bacon wrapped brussel sprouts is very easy.
Just stretch out your bacon and wrap your halved brussel sprouts with the bacon. Brush them with maple syrup mixed with Sriracha. And get them in the oven.
I like to serve my bacon wrapped brussel sprouts with my homemade creamy Alfredo sauce.
- A great starter for your holiday table
- How to make Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- Quick Variations for Brussel Sprouts wrapped in bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Recipe for Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Tips
- Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts with maple syrup recipe
- Brussel Sprouts wrapped in Bacon
A great starter for your holiday table
Bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts are a delightful combination of salty, savory and sweet, and they're easy to prepare.
Looking for a satisfying, healthy, and budget-friendly meal? Look no further. This Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts recipe is what you’re looking for.
My kids don't like Brussel Sprouts. No matter how much you camouflage they don't like it.
And, honestly, I don't force them. The thing with Brussel Sprouts is almost 75% people don't like its taste.
But, coming to the other side - the remaining 25% we know it has that leafy taste. But, still its extremely healthy. And, we do find ways to make it taste amazing.
- bacon strips
- brussel sprouts
- maple syrup
- garlic powder
How to make Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN
- STEP 2: Half Brussel Sprouts and coat them in salt.
- STEP 3: Cut each bacon strip in half crosswise and brush maple syrup liberally.
- STEP 4: Wrap each brussel sprout half with 1 strip of bacon.
- STEP 5: Secure them with a toothpick. Bake until crispy. 20-25 minutes.
Quick Variations for Brussel Sprouts wrapped in bacon
There is probably no variations for the bacon wrapped brussel sprout recipe in itself. But, you can definitely change the dipping sauce.
- Lemon caper sauce - Zesty lemon with creamy mayo would make an amazing dipping sauce for your brussel sprouts wrapped bacon.
- Sriracha Maple Glaze - I personally love this glaze. It has got the sweetness and that little kick of spiciness from sriracha. Plus to make my maple bacon wrapped brussel sprouts taste amazing, I like to add some garlic powder in the mix.
- Alfredo sauce - This is my favorite dipping sauce. Its creamy, comforting and so amazing.
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Air Fryer bacon wrapped brussel sprouts is pretty easy. Here is how to do it:
- Wrap your Brussel sprouts in syrup glazed bacon.
- Secure them with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped brussel sprouts in the air fryer in an even layer, make sure they don't touch each other.
- Air Fry at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until it reaches the desired level of crispiness.
Recipe for Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Tips
- Wrapping Instructions: The way you wrap your brussel sprouts will determine the way it cooks.
- Crispy Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts - If you love crispy bacon then wrap it loosely around the brussel sprouts. Make sure you leave space/gap between the strips as you go around the brussel sprout.
- Chewy Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts - If you love chewy bacon then wrap your bacon strip tightly around the brussel sprout and try to overlap it.
Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts with maple syrup recipe
Brussel Sprouts wrapped in Bacon
- 1 pack (9-10 slices) bacon strips
- 1½ pounds Brussel Sprouts
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tabelspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
for serving - alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Half brussel sprouts lengthwise. Put them in a bowl.
- Toss them with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise.
- In a medium bowl combine maple syrup, sriracha, and garlic powder.
- Brush bacon strips with syrup sriracha mixture.
- Wrap each strip around each brussel sprout keeping syrup side out.
- Place bacon wrapped brussel sprouts seam side down on parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast them in the oven for 30-minutes or until it reaches your desired level of crispy.
Make Alfredo Sauce
- In a large skillet combine heavy whipping cream and unsalted butter.
- Simmer for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Whisk in salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and freshly minced garlic.
- Take it off the heat and whisk in freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with brussel sprouts wrapped in bacon.