Brown Sugar Glazed Roasted Baby Carrots come together in minutes as a perfect Easter Side Dish and Easter Brunch recipe.
I make it a point to serve these with my favorite Grandma's Best Meatloaf Recipe with our favorite Homemade Meatloaf Seasoning.
Juicy and delicious Baby Carrots tossed with Brown Sugar, Butter and Thyme gets slightly caramelized on the edges after being roasted while being sweet and juicy on the inside. This tastes incredibly delicious and is a perfect side dish recipe for any occasion or Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner.
Also try my
Glazed Carrots with Caramelized Edges
The best thing about these Glazed Carrots is of course the Caramelized Edges. I have been making this recipe for Glazed Carrots for years now for Easter.
Its so fun to make and is such an easy and handy side dish which gets ready in just 25 minutes.
The Baby Carrots gets slightly caramelized on the edges upon oven roasting. The caramelized Edges are of course the best part of these. Also, since I am using Baby Carrots so they get cooked to perfection without being too mushy on the inside.
These Glazed Roasted Baby Carrots are firm without being too mushy on the inside while being slightly crispy and caramelized on the outside.
- Baby Carrots - I use Baby Carrots as they cook quickly, gets perfectly roasted and remain firm ad juicy on the inside.
- Olive Oil & Butter - I use both Olive Oil and Butter for these carrots
- Brown Sugar
- Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Dill Leaves
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Remove the base and tip of the Baby Carrots
- If you're using regular sized carrots, cut them diagonally into halves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted Butter, Olive Oil, minced Garlic, Dried Thyme and Brown Sugar, Salt and Pepper.
- Arrange the carrots in an even layer in a sheet pan.
- Brush the butter & oil mixture over the Carrots
- Roast for 15 min, toss and roast for 10 more minutes until the edges of the carrots gets caramelized.
- Garnish with pan juices and freshly chopped Dill leaves
Remember that the Pan juices are every thing here. Its what will make your Glazed Carrots juicy. So do not discard it. Drizzle it over the roasted Carrots.
Glazed Carrots in the skillet
To make this same recipe in the skillet, you need to follow these steps.
First cut the Carrots and boil them for 5 minutes.
Heat Butter and Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Carrots.
Add the Brown Sugar, Dried Thyme, Salt and Pepper. Toss to combine everything.
Cook over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, tossing frequently.
As the pan juices reduce, get the carrots out on the serving plate and drizzle with leftover juices.
Garnish with freshly chopped Dill Leaves and serve.
Make Ahead Glazed Carrots
You can make these Glazed Carrots ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can store these for 2 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat in the microwave before serving
What to serve Glazed Carrots with?
Glazed Carrots go great with hearty sides like Baked Chicken Breast recipes or Baked Chicken and Rice or this Crock pot Parmesan Chicken and Rice.
Its a great Vegan Easter Side dish recipe which is so easy to make. You can serve aside of some Coconut Rice and its so delicious.
I also love to serve this with Meatloaf or Oven Roast Chicken or Crispy Whole Roasted Duck or Crockpot Pork Chops or Salisbury Steak or Baked Easter Ham.
These Glazed Carrots will also go amazing with
- Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce
How long should I roast the Carrots?
You need to roast these baby carrots in a hot oven @400F or 220C for 25 minutes. Roasting Carrots at high temperature brings out the perfectly caramelized edges.
Are these Roasted Carrots too sweet?
Well, essentially, these are a bit sweet. But you will still love them aside of Roasted Chicken or Ham. I have used 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar for 1lg/2lbs of Carrots. You can reduce the amount as per your quantity or taste.
Which carrots should I use?
You can use any Carrots you find! From Baby Carrots to regular Carrots to Rainbow Carrots, they all need the same amount of time to cook.
Brown Sugar Glazed Baby Carrots
- 2 lbs Baby Carrots can use regular Carrots as well
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Dill Leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 220C. Trim the heat and tip of the Baby Carrots. If you have regular carrots, cut them diagonally into halves.
- In a bowl, combine melted Butter, Olive Oil, Garlic, Brown Sugar, Dried Thyme, Salt and Pepper.
- Arrange the Carrots in a single layer in a baking dish. Drizzle the butter mixture over it. Toss to combine everything. Roast for 15 min. After 15 min, toss and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Serve. Drizzle the leftover pan juices over it. Garnish with freshly chopped Dill Leaves.
Ask Me Anything