Roasted Delicata Squash Rings is a quick and easy fall recipe which cooks up really fast and is super delicious. Maple Mustard Roasted Delicata Squash Rings is the easiest and the best way to roast Delicata Squash.
Delicata Squash Roasted with Maple Mustard dressing is a simple and easy snack recipe. It also makes for a perfect fall and winter side dish recipe. Also this easy Roasted Delicata Squash recipe is gluten free, low carb, Vegan and Paleo.
Delicata Squash or Winter Squash is easily available here and its one of the healthiest winter veggies. It is also known as Sweet Potato Squash or Bohemian Squash.
What does Delicata Squash taste like?
I personally love the flavor of Delicata Squash. Unlike other squashes which is mostly watery this one is got kind of a buttery and sweet taste to it. It tastes almost like butternut squash or acorn squash but is a little sweeter in comparison. I find that Delicata Squash tastes similar to Kabocha Squash.
Maple Syrup Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe
I love to add a quick Maple Mustard sauce which is simply Maple Syrup, along with a tablespoon of Dijon Mustard, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Maple Roasted Delicata Squash tastes beyond delicious.
After the Delicata Squash rings get baked, they get crispy on the outside while being soft and juicy on the inside.
Delicata Squash roasted with Maple syrup and Dijon mustard gets a nice sweet and sour taste to it. Top with some extra freshly cracked black pepper and you will love this any hour of the day!
- What does Delicata Squash taste like?
- Maple Syrup Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe
- Ingredients needed to roast Delicata Squash rings
- How to roast Delicata Squash
- How to cut a Delicata Squash
- How to roast Delicata Squash rings?
- How to roast Delicata Squash Halves
- Top tips to make the Best Baked Delicata Squash Recipe
- Can you roast Delicata Squash Seeds?
- How long do you roast Delicata Squash?
- More Roasted Vegetables Recipes
- To do:
- Baked Delicata Squash Rings
Ingredients needed to roast Delicata Squash rings
- Delicata Squash - small to medium sized
- Olive Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Dijon Mustard
- Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper
- chopped Parsley - for garnish
See recipe card of Roasted Delicata Squash for quantities. Also watch the quick video on Roasting Delicata Squash for a quick visual.
How to roast Delicata Squash
Roasting Delicata Squash in the oven is super easy. All you need to do is just cut them into thin rings. Then cut them into half moons.
Learn more on how to cut a Delicata Squash in detail below.
How to cut a Delicata Squash
There are so many easy ways to cut Delicata Squash.
If you want Delicata Squash rings, then simply cut it into half and use a knife or spoon to scoop put the seeds from the center. And then simply cut Delicata Squash into rings
You do not have to peel Delicata Squash before cooking. Unlike other squashes Delicata Squash skin is super thin and it gets cooked very easily.
Alternatively, you can cut Delicata Squash lengthwise and remove the seeds from the center.
Now, simply cut it into half moons and its done to serve!
How to roast Delicata Squash rings?
Roasting Delicata Squash rings is so easy. You can cut Delicata Squash rings ahead of time and just roast them before serving. Baked Delicata Squash Rings makes for a quick Thanksgiving side as well.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Cut the ends of Delicata Squash and cut it into half using a sharp knife
- Remove the seeds using a spoon
- Cut it into rings
- Place them on a baking dish
- Combine Maple Syrup with Dijon Mustard, Olive oil Ground Cinnamon, Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle this sauce over Delicata Squash rings. Toss to combine so that they coat evenly with the sauce
- Spread it out in the baking dish
- Bake @400F for 20 min. Flip after 10 min of cooking.
Hint: Allow the squash rings to cool down a few minutes before serving!
How to roast Delicata Squash Halves
You can easily roast Delicata Squash halves.
- cut the Delicata Squash into half lengthwise
- remove the seeds
- coat with the sauce of maple syrup and olive oil
- Place in the baking dish and roast for 20-30 min
- Serve with cooked ground beef or ground chicken or ground turkey inside.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while serving to make this a bit spicy to taste
- Brown Sugar - if you prefer it sweet, then skip Dijon Mustard and use Brown Sugar along with Maple Syrup
- Italian Seasoning - just add a bit of Italian Seasining to the mixture to make it even delicious
- Dried Herbs - dried sage or dried basil makes for a great garnish over roasted Delicata Squash rings
You can store leftover roasted Delicata Squash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks. Reheat in the oven until heated through before serving.
Top tips to make the Best Baked Delicata Squash Recipe
- Always cut the Delicata squash rings to 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch thickness
- Do not peel the skin of Delicata Squash before roasting
- It takes about 20-30 min to roast Delicata squash perfectly
- Make the dressing with oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper
- You can add Dijon Mustard or Brown Sugar as well
- Serve it as a fall or Thanksgiving side dish
Can you roast Delicata Squash Seeds?
Yes of course! I always roast Delicata Squash Seeds. Simply wash them and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Spread them evenly in a baking dish. Spray cooking oil over it and roast @400F for 20-30 min
How long do you roast Delicata Squash?
You must roast Delicata Squash for about 20-30 min so that it gets tender on the inside and is crispy and charred on the outside.
More Roasted Vegetables Recipes
- Roasted Sausage & Veggies
- Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Baby Carrots
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Honey Sriracha Glazed Carrots
Baked Delicata Squash Rings
- 2 medium sized Delicata Squash halved, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch rings or half moons.
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a Sheet Pan with cooking spray. Cut the Delicata Squash into halves lengthwise or from the center. Remove the seeds using a spoon and cut it into 3/4 inch rings or half moons if you've cut the squash lengthwise.
- In a small mixing bowl combine Olive Oil with Dijon Mustard, Pure Maple Syrup, Ground Cinnamon, Salt and Pepper. Use a brush to baste this mixture over the Delicata Squash rings or toss to coat evenly!
- Bake for 20-30 min or until the squash softens and begins to get brownish on the edges.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.